Arc 2 Chapter 15: Medicine

3rd Person POV:

The journey went slow, even slower than anticipated, since Kendric's body couldn't take too much. After a bit, he discussed this problem with the system, since he needed that disguise while being on that journey.

The system discussed this problem with it's 'higher ups' and got a new deal. He had to pay 75 coins once to deactivate and activate it at will, since he already used quite a bit for this function.

He did so on the spot. So he lost 100 more coins while on this journey for this disguise alone, leaving him with 350 coins.

He and Kendric' explored' a lot of ruined and abandoned places despite taking long breaks. It took them about a month and a half to reach their destination.

Once they did, the system deducted 100 points for the cleansing pill and placed it inside an old looking box. This box was then hidden somewhere in the ruined house. It told Kendric the location.

He then 'found' the medicine, making both him and his beloved happy. Kendric was happy that pretending to travel is finally almost over. Hernan was happy that his beloved's body could turn healthy again.

They took the pill out and Kendric hid it in his pocket. He placed the old box back where it was. They still continued looking around to keep up the pretense before they made their way toward the inn.

Arriving there, they booked a room for themselves and some more for the others. Once they entered the room, they closed the door and Kendric lay down on his bed. Hernen sat down at the edge of the bed, watching him intently.

He swallowed the pill and smiled at him. "Don't worry, it will take a bit before I get the fever and everything else.", he whispered in case someone decided to eavesdrop. "Come here, Hernan.", he said now a bit louder and pat the bed on his side.

Hernan nodded and stood up, sitting down again on the spot the prince pointed to. Kendric sat up and hugged him tight, causing Hernan to flinch a bit. But he hugged him back. They looked into each other's eyes.

"I said I had something to say, remember..? I know I wanted to wait until everything is over, but.. I want to say it now. I'm sorry if it seems selfish", he said.

"It's not.. What did you want to tell me? I'm listening.", Hernan answered, trying to calm down his surging emotions.

He put his arms around the neck of his beloved and moved in closer toward his face, his gaze not leaving that of the other. These beautiful eyes that sucked him right in would never change, he felt while doing so.

"I fell in love with you.. Let's be together.. You and I", he whispered against his lips while blushing a deep red. It was his husband but he still felt a little shy.

Hernan looked into these stunning blue eyes and felt his breath hitch. His Adam apple bobbed and he hugged him tighter. His red eyed darkened. "Yes.. I love you too..", he whispered back with a hoarse voice and kissed him immediately deeply.

Kendric responded by opening his mouth up slightly, allowing the other to explore inside, which he did almost instantly. Hernan pressed the head of his beloved closer while exploring every inch of his mouth with his tongue. For a while, only the sound of passionate kissing could be heard inside the room.

They only parted once Kendric ran out of breath. His eyes glazed over and he flushed a deep red all the way to his collarbone. One string of saliva connected their lips for a second while they parted.

Hernan hugged him even closer afterward, burying his head at his nape. "I won't let you go..", he whispered with a voice even more hoarse than before.

"Yes.. You shouldn't. I also won't..", he answered his beloved while hugging him tight as well. They both lay down and continued to hug each other for a long time.

After 4 hours, Kendric lost consciousness. He started having a shockingly high fever as well as pain all over his body. He sweated a lot as well while scrunching his face in discomfort and pain.

While his beloved was unconscious, he took care of him carefully. He cleaned him regularly and fed him some food and water, not leaving his side at all.

In between, Kendric started crying and mumbling things he couldn't understand, since it was too quiet. Hernan worried without pause, holding his hand while trying to calm him down by talking to him and hugging him, but to no avail.

This whole thing continued on for two weeks, forcing the travel plans to come to a halt, since they had originally only planned to stay here for a week.