Arc 2 Chapter 20: Free Shop Purchase

3rd Person POV:

Kendric now sat on top of his bed inside his room at the inn and looked smiling at his husband, who stood before him. "...and that is what happened. Honestly, I never expected such a big story.", he concluded his explanation of what exactly happened.

Hernan now sat down next to him and took his hand. "If you want to take revenge, I'll do it with you. I'd never let you do it alone.", he said and pulled his hand closer, kissing it afterward. "But you know that already.. I'll always stay by your side."

"Yes, I know. Thank you.", he said with a smile and hugged him tight. "By the way, I don't plan on hiding my recovery anymore. That servant I told you about, we made up a story. It's about how she found two pills. She tested one on an uncurably sick animal and it recovered. So when she heard about my condition worsening a few months later, she went to find me and gave it to me, after which I recovered. So I said to her to find me at the palace so I could take her in, to which she agreed. Nice story, right?", he said smiling, not loosening the hug one bit.

Hernan stroked the hair of his beloved gently while hugging him back. "Are you sure? You would be in danger if they knew about your recovery.", he answered with worry in his eyes.

The prince laughed a bit. "Why would I ever be in danger? I have you by my side. I have never been more safe.", he answered and gave him a gentle kiss. The other kissed him gently but passionately in return.

They continued kissing each other until Kendric ran out of breath, his eyes had already become watery. His face flushed with an alluring red as he looked into the eyes of his beloved with a gentle smile. "Let's go to sleep.. We have a lot planned.", he whispered against his lips.

Hernan nodded his head. "Yeah..", he answered with a hoarse whisper and both of them lay down on the bed, hugging each other gently but tightly.

Once Kendric closed his eyes, he heard Pancake's voice inside his head.

{I didn't want to disturb you until now, but you've completed the hidden task. What would you like to buy using your free shop purchase?}

'Hmm.. What would you recommend?', he asked

There was a long silence and just as he wanted to ask what's wrong, Pancake answered again.

{I would recommend you to buy the [Master Host Pack], which would normally cost about 1 Million points. It's effects are pretty simple. Every time you enter a world with powers, like magic, abilities, soul power, etc, the system will automatically adjust your body to have the strongest version of the abilities already being inside that body. In short, it enhances all abilities and similar powers to the maximum.}

'It does sound nice and all, but it wouldn't help me if I don't have any powers.. Is there anything else?'

{Well.. There's a [Always Beautiful and Healthy Pack].. As the name implies, you will always be beautiful and healthy in every world.. But it has a lot of restrictions, since the system can't just make you healthy and beautiful out of nowhere if you're in a sick or maybe ugly body. So.. I don't think it's very practical.}

Kendric started thinking and it took a while, but he ultimately chose the [Master Host Pack]. They were both roughly the same, since there's a chance with both packs that he might not need it in some worlds, so he took the most useful one, since he could still buy the 'Beauty & Health Pill' if he really needed it.

After everything was settled, he went to sleep almost instantly.

They both woke up shortly after dawn and finished their preparations to depart. Since he didn't really need to hide anymore and he hadn't been outside his room for a week, he didn't need to put on his make-up.

It wouldn't be suspicious for him to have recovered from a miraculous pill after a week. So after leaving his room, he received a lot of stares, which didn't really surprise him. Kendric was beautiful, even though he was still really thin. But he would change that too, over time.

They got on the carriage and started the journey back to the palace. This time they didn't really take that much time compared to before, since his body was now way healthier than it had been before.

They had send word about returning in time, but once he arrived, nobody but one person was waiting for him.

Once he stepped out of the carriage, the servant knelt down in front of him. He honestly couldn't really get used to being a prince..

"Your highness, welcome back. This servant's name is Yuna. This servant will stay by your side from now on and help you with your daily life.", she said.

He sighed a bit and took her hand, pulling her up and looking directly into her eyes. "No need for formalities. My name is Kendric Vanidestine. It's nice to meet you.", he said with a gentle smile.

"Yes sir- I mean, Kendric. It's nice to meet you for me as well.", she answered with a slight smile.

(Picture of the servant below)

"Good", the prince said smiling

"Good", the prince said smiling."Let's go inside and talk", he continued and let go of her hand, looking at Hernan with a gentle smile. "Do you want to come with us?"

"No.. There's someone I have to see before going back", he said with his expression being the same as ever. "Excuse me", he continued and started walking away.

His face didn't show it, but he could clearly sense his husband's mood. He wasn't happy, no, in fact, he was unhappy to the extreme. But they couldn't talk about it right now, so he walked toward his chambers with Yuna walking behind him.