Arc 3 Chapter 30: Second Round

3rd Person POV:

He turned on his laptop, put on his headset and played some music in the background while continuing to write on his own songs for about three hours.

After he did that, he started fulfilling his promise. He began screening everyone around his husband. Of course, he first had to find out who was close to him, which would take a while, but he was confident.

He sat on it until midnight. After he found all the people, he started checking everything about them. Once he found something, he would send it to his husband's phone directly.

He actually found a lot. Some of his executives abused their position, some only approached him for connections and money and some were just jealous and wanted to sabotage him.

Eventually, he also found a..not so nice conversation between the leads. He wanted to tell him something like this personally to comfort him, but the life of his love was in danger. He couldn't wait, so he sent that one directly to his phone as well.

~~Somewhere else at the same time~~

Fergus looked outside, dawn was breaking. He looked back at the countless messages Asher had sent to him over night, with the last one being just now. 'Did he stay up all night?', he thought with complicated feelings.

He was happy that he put so much effort into this, but at the same time he didn't want him to stay up for so long. He sighed a bit and started reading everything.

Everything had evidence backing it up, so he could actually fire them or cut them off directly. He read his way down these messages before stopping at the last ones. He flinched when he read the name of his niece.

'As if she's having malicious thoughts?', he doubted, but felt a bit guilty afterwards. He didn't want to doubt Asher's hard work.. He took a deep breath and started reading this one as well.

And what he read shocked him a lot. He couldn't really think for a while. After the initial shock was over, he grew angry. 'That ungrateful...! I've never done her parents any harm, it was the other way around! She doesn't have any evidence either, so she just wants to kill me? Hah!', he put the phone to the side and went to the balcony to smoke a cigarette.

'I've got to clear my thoughts.. Maybe her parents somehow planted this idea in her.. But they probably never guessed that they would die, so their plan went unfulfilled...and I now have to deal with the aftermath', he thought and sighed. "God damn it..."

He heard his phone vibrate once he went back inside his apartment. He took it and read the message. He showed a gentle smile after he did so while his heart skipped a beat. "Really.. He's so sweet", he whispered and wrote a "Thank you" back.

~~~~~~~~~~

Afterwards, Asher made his laptop more secure with his skills. Nobody would be able to access the laptop without his permission afterward. But once he finished he sent an additional text to his husband. "If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here. Just call me", he wrote before looking outside a window. It was already bright out.

He sighed after seeing it. 'I'm thankful for the beauty & Health pill for enhancing my health.. Staying up one night won't do much thanks to that. Otherwise I would now have a serious problem.'

He looked at his edited song and smiled. 'I hope the song today will help him..and who knows, maybe even more people.' He then looked at his phone and saw the thank you message his husband sent, smiling gently because of it.

He closed his laptop afterwards and started getting ready for the second round. He was glad that the competition was for solo artists, so he wouldn't need to adjust to others. That was one thing he absolutely couldn't do. Except for his husband, of course.

One hour later, he was already backstage with the others who made it into this round. They were all getting ready for the show. Today, they would randomly draw the names of the artists. He didn't really mind though, since he didn't care whether his position was good or not.

Once everyone was ready, the host started with his explanation and an employee got on stage with the box where the names of the artists written on a small paper would be inside.

The host still talked for a bit, for example explaining that voting will only be open after everything was over, before pulling out one paper and reading it.

"What a surprise!", he said with a smile. "Our first contestant to sing today will be Asher Hayes! What will he surprise us with? Let's look forward to it!"

<Yes! Thank god, I didn't want to wait>

<Why are you all so excited?>

<Upstairs, he's a good seedling. Just listen and you'll know.>

<I don't think he's that special tho. Wasn't his mother famous? He's probably riding her tail>

A discussion once again broke out, but Asher didn't know about it. He walked onto the stage with his guitar and smiled, just like yesterday.

"Hello everyone.. Today, I want to sing a song written by me as well. It was written with the intent to help others. Please listen!", he said and got into position.

He once again adjusted the standing microphone and guitar before getting into the mood. Afterward, he started playing.

"When you feel it's hopeless...
When you think that you lost, oh...
I will take your hand and we'll rise up from the dust, oh...

Here we go go go
Let us heal and grow
You won't be alone
We're unstoppable
Don't be afraid to show
What we're going for
This is what we know

Here we come back to life, we're still breathing
Standing up, everybody's gonna see it
Oh all you need to know is that we're holding on
Even if we fall we will rise up and we follow the path that we believe in
No we're not gonna stop until we reach it
Oh all you need to know is that we're holding on
We rise up from the dust and claim our throne

We all have our reasons why we are on this track, oh
We all have our burdens yeah but we just keep on fighting and we never look back
Here we go go go
Let us heal and grow
You won't be alone
We're unstoppable
Don't be afraid to show
What we're going for
This is what we know

Here we come back to life, we're still breathing
Standing up, everybody's gonna see it
Oh all you need to know is that we're holding on
Even if we fall we will rise up and we follow the path that we believe in
No we're not gonna stop until we reach it
Oh all you need to know is that we're holding on
We rise up from the dust and claim our throne
We rise up from the dust and claim our throne"

He played the last note and looked at the audience. They started cheering again and he smiled happily.

<Nice song! I feel a bit better already>

<He said it's to help others, but is it true? So many people said that, but they all turned out to be selfish in the end>

<Upstairs, I know what you mean. But I guess we'll just wait and see>

<You guys, why are you talking about him like that? He never did something to hurt anyone like that!>