Arc 2 Chapter 19: Letter And The Truth (Part 2)

3rd Person POV:

Kendric was able to pinpoint the location of the meeting with the help of Pancake. He just needed to ask about the lake with the clearest water as well as when the next full moon would be.

Hernan wanted to accompany him, but he refused. He had to show that he trusted his brother, or else they would have some problems. He also wouldn't put on his make-up, though he would probably be a bit..angry at being deceived, but he had no choice.

After everything was settled, he went towards the meeting point when the moon was close to his highest point. Once he arrived, he saw a figure standing at the lake. The figure turned around, stunning him. He looked a lot like this body he was in. Just older and more mature.

(Picture of Henry Edouard down below, just with ancient clothing)

"H-Hello. Are you Henry Edouard?", he asked a bit nervously. He was honest about being a bit nervous, he wasn't acting that much. He didn't really know if his theory was correct or not. So he didn't truly know the intentions of the other person.

Henry laughed a bit and walked to his brother. "Yes, my name is Henry Edouard. But, you can just call me big brother.", he said gently while patting his head. "I see you're not as sick as we originally thought. Did you do this intentionally? You looked a lot sicker the last time they send a portrait.", he said. But he didn't look angry, more relieved.

Kendric nodded. "I thought that if I do that, someone of mother's family would maybe come and meet me.", he honestly said."I wanted to know more about what happened.. Since my new bodyguard was send by grandfather, I thought that there might be a chance that you don't really hate me..", he continued.

Henry hugged his brother tight with a pained expression. "Don't worry, we don't. We all love you to death. But the circumstances didn't allow for us to do much... Let's sit down, I'll tell you more.", after saying that, he let him go and pointed at a small table with two small chairs next to it.

They both sat down. There were a few minutes of silence before Henry began talking again.

"I don't really know where to start, so.. I'll just talk about everything from the beginning.
Our father..is the cousin of the current Emperor. His mother was the fiancée of the brother of his father. But..during the political struggle for the throne, he got killed. She fled afterwards, only realizing she was pregnant after arriving in our kingdom. She took some things with her though, and settled down in the capital. She didn't need to work because she sold all juwelery and dresses she took with her. But because of the birth of our father, she grew weak and sick. That's what we originally thought, but we later found out, after her death, that the doctor had lied. She had an illness and died from it. Sadly, she was already sick while being pregnant, so it became heditary. Father wasn't really affected and me neither, so we thought maybe it wasn't after all. That's when news about you reached us. We were shocked. It's an uncurable illness, so we were pretty devestated. But it seems you managed to cure it..which is really relieving to know.", he started and smiled gently while talking.

"Why did the doctor lie?", Kendric asked.

"Because he hated the empire. He found out who she was per accident, that's why he did it. Well, he got beheaded for it, so it's fine.", he answered with a smile.

Afterwards, he continued his story. "Well.. The reason our mother went to the empire was actually pretty simple. We heard news about them preparing for war, so she had to go there. Why? Because nobody is as reliable as family and she wasn't weak either. But we never would've guessed that she had been pregnant at that time. She was found out after a while as a spy and about to be killed, but she begged the Emperor to save her child, and talked about father. The Empress was occupied, so nobody else was present. The Emperor actually cherishes his family a lot, so he guaranteed her to take care of the child. But after you were born, you had our silver-white hair, so the Emperor was pretty shocked. Mother never told him about the fact that she was a Princess, for fear they might just kill her and you with her directly. But that was honestly her mistake, since she had placed everything on a small hope that you would get her hair color.. She had never really hoped otherwise. But it was too late, the Empress had already seen it at that time. Instead of what is known outside, she has more power than the Emperor, and eventually used you as leverage to threaten us. We naturally knew everything already from the letters sent to us at that time. The Emperor said you're his child to protect you. The last one..was about how mother died. The Empress convinced the other nobles that mother would be a threat to them. She was already an adult and knew where she came from, so she convinced them that she would plot against the empire. The nobles and the Empress pressured the Emperor, so she was eventually killed.", he sighed after he finished and buried his head in his hands.

"I just don't understand how she was caught in the first place.. Maybe you won't believe it, but she was very good at gathering information without being caught, despite being a bit naive.", he said with his voice muffled through his hands and put them down afterwards. He took out a small painting from his pocket and handed it to his brother.

"That was what she looked like.. I thought you might want to know.", he now smiled a bit again, but it looked sad.

Kendric took the picture and stared at it. She did indeed look a little naive, but gentle at the same time. It was really a shame, he would have loved to have her as his mother.

(Picture below~)

He smiled at his brother and put the painting into his pocket

He smiled at his brother and put the painting into his pocket. "Thank you.. I actually really wanted to know.. What happened and who she was...", he said while feeling a bit sad.

Henry took his hand with a slight smile. "If you want, you could come back with us right now. We would deal with everything else."

He shook his head after hearing his words, his expression grave. "I want them to pay, brother. I will go back and take revenge on them. The Emperor is excluded, but he probably won't reign anymore.", he said and looked into the eyes of the other, which looked so much like his.

His brother laughed a bit. "Okay.. If that is your wish, then so be it. We will always support you. I will send a servant trained by us to your side, so we can rest a bit easier. She will come to you once you return to your palace.", he said with a smile while patting his younger brother's head.

Afterwards, they continued talking about a lot of things for a few hours before separating. They even managed to make up a story about how he would've met that servant beforehand.