Arc 2 Chapter 23: Meeting The Female Lead

3rd Person POV:

He did what he said and rested while waiting for the Female Lead to show up.

On the next day, at around afternoon, Hernan came into the chambers and shared what he had learned.

"That name is really old, it existed way before the empire was founded. The empire had been the biggest kingdom at the time, and they attacked the second biggest kingdom to evolve into an empire. The last name of the royal family of that kingdom was Dolivo. Originally, the crown prince and princess of that time had long been engaged and were about to get married. But the peace was broken overnight. They broke their promise and betrayed the friendship they had build up for generations.", Hernan told what he found out while watching Kendric's expression. "I also found out that all of them had purple or pink hair. Nobody knows of all of this today though. It's all written in an old book hidden in a dusty corner of the library."

"Interesting... So, is it revenge they want? Or just the throne?", he muttered a bit before he smiled at his darling. "Thank you, that'll be really helpful.", he said softly and hugged him tightly. "Stay here with me while I wait..", he said and buried his head inside his chest.

Hernan stroked his hair softly and smiled. "Gladly..", he answered and grabbed his chin, pulling his face close to himself. They looked into each other's eyes for a bit before kissing the other gently but passionately.

After letting go of each other, they just cuddled together and enjoyed their time. When it was almost nighttime, Kendric asked Pancake a few last questions before meeting the Female Lead.

'Pancake, can I buy poison?'

{Yes, you can}

'The type to make one impotent?'

{Yes.. It's called [No Baby Pill] and costs about 50 points}

'Okay, good to know. Thank you'

Now that he knew everything he needed to know, it was about time to meet the star of this show. He sat down at the table with Hernan standing behind him, waiting for the knock on his door.

He didn't need to wait long for the knocking to be heard. He smiled politely. "Please, do come inside and sit down", he said with a gentle voice.

The door opened once and then closed again behind the person coming inside. She was indeed worthy of being called the Heroine, her aura was no joke. Powerful and yet gentle at the same time.

(Picture below)

She sat down on the opposite side of the table and looked at him

She sat down on the opposite side of the table and looked at him. "How did you know what I'm planning?", she asked directly.

Kendric looked at Hernan. "Can you please leave the two of us alone? I'll tell you everything later"

He nodded reluctantly and left the room afterwards.

"Let me introduce myself first, even though you probably know most of it. My name is Kendric Vanidestine. Of course, that much is known to the public, but I have another name. Kendric Edouard. You should know of that name. Everyone does. But there's still more. If you believe it or not doesn't matter, but I have been reborn after being poisoned by you.", he said with a smile.

These words caused Reina to flinch slightly. "What? Wait, how did you know it was me? No wait, reborn? Is that even possible? And you're a prince from a different kingdom? Can you please elaborate?"

"No need to be on guard, I'm actually thankful to you. In this life, everything's been so much better. I found out a lot of truths I previously didn't know. I'll answer all your questions. I knew it was you because you sided with the crown prince and he has a big mouth. He had to mock me while dying, so he said everything. Though I know for a fact you'd probably had him killed after using him. The next question was about the fact of me being the prince of Amaris. It's true. I'm not born out of wedlock as well...", he started and explained to her what happened. "...and that's about it."

Reina had to think a bit before answering. "That's a sad story and all, but what does that have to do with me?", she asked him while raising her eyebrow slightly.

"Oh, it has a lot to do with you. You want to kill them all and take the throne, and I want to keep two of them alive, so I want to make a deal with you", he answered. 'Pancake, can you buy two no baby pills, put them in a container matching the era and put it in my pocket?'

{Yes. I will deduct 100 coins}

He felt something being placed in his pocket and smiled inwardly 'Thank you, Pancake'

"What kind of deal?", she now asked.

"Before that.. Why do you want to do all this? Is it revenge? Or something else?", he asked.

She sighed again. "Well, technically yes. I don't really have a grudge against them, but my family prepared themselves for generations for this... I don't want to let them down, so it's more something I have to do."

Kendric placed the container on the table. "Thank you for telling me. There are two pills in here. They'll make someone unable to impregnate others. I'll give it to the Emperor as well as the second prince. Their offspring won't be a problem anymore and they'll both be able to live out the rest of their lives in a remote village. You'll leave me, them and the Amaris Kingdom alone. If you don't agree, I'll have to tell the Emperor and second prince about your plan and kill the others alone at a later time. But should you agree, I'll help you become Empress and secure Amaris's support for you once you sit on that throne. In case you think about betraying me after securing the throne and support of Amaris, the alliance of the kingdoms surrounding the empire will attack immediately, so don't think about it"

Reina sighed. "Are you threatening me?", she asked

"Well, I have to. To make a deal with a shrewd person, you have to be shrewd yourself.", he answered.

"In that case, isn't it reckless to reveal your little alliance?", she retorted. 'But they probably have more than that...', she thought while smiling.

"I would've been, but only if that was all we had. Don't worry, we have more plans and options for any emergency.", he retorted back.

Reina sighed again. "Fine, it's a deal. I'll kill everyone except the Emperor and his second son. They'll be your job", she now answered and laughed a bit afterwards. "I like you a lot. I'm already looking forward to Amaris's support.", she stood up and walked toward the door.

"It's nice to make a deal with you", he answered before she left the room.

He sighed after being left alone. 'Well, that was nerve-wracking.. I'm glad it all worked out, I'm not really experienced with things like these... It's good I made up that half-truth about being reborn after dying by her hand... But now I have to tell that my man... Dammit'

Think of the devil and he shall appear. After Kendric finished his thought, Hernan walked into the chamber, causing the prince to sigh slightly.