Arc 2 Chapter 17: Thoughts

Soooo cuties, I'm back again~
Sorry for the long pause, something happened in my family so I had to leave for a while...~ 💕
But I'm back with more for you~ 💕
I'll upload a lot from now on, as compensation ~
Enjoy reading!~

---------------

3rd Person POV:

Kendric felt really exhausted, probably because of these dreams, so he quickly fell asleep while his husband prepared everything he would need after waking up again.

This time, these dreams left him alone and he could actually relief a lot of his exhaustion. He fell asleep at dawn and woke up in the middle of the night. He just opened his eyes and didn't move though.

His eyes scanned the room while he was still half asleep, realizing that he was alone in his room. His husband was probably guarding his door right now.

Actually, it was better that way, since he needed time to think about everything. Especially these dreams. They were vague, but at the same time not. It was weird.

'If these are really related to my...or our.. first life, then...what happened? Why would 'a higher being' be Mortal and travel through worlds? What kind of 'higher being' was he? Why does he get the roles of 'Villains', always dying these brutal but unjustly deaths?', he thought while his heart ached again. He clenched his fist.

'I would love to find answers, but how? He doesn't remember.. Heck, I don't even know which world all of this happened in. I only know the name of the Kingdom I lived in. It all should've happened after I died as well, so these memories probably won't help much either..', he continued thinking and sighed inwardly.

'Hey Pancake, do you perhaps know more?', he now asked as a last attempt to find something out. He honestly didn't expect the answer he got.

{I do, in fact, know about it. But I'm sorry to say this, but I cannot tell you more right now. Your soul is not stable enough. You need to clear more worlds to strengthen it. I might be able to tell you just a little more once after every world.}

Kendric's spirits lifted themselves after listening to the answer of his system, and he unintentionally jumped off of his bed, causing the person guarding his room to be slightly startled.

Hernan immediately walked into the room and was again startled by what he saw. His prince looked at him with such a happy smile. He couldn't help but smile as well while seeing it.

He closed the door behind him and walked toward his love, hugging him after arriving in front of him. "What's making you so happy?", he now asked.

Kendric looked at him and smiled brightly. "Nothing much. I was just thinking about you a lot. I'm happy to get to know more about you as we live together.", he answered vaguely.

Hernan was surprised and happy at the same time. Of course, it again did not show on his face, but his eyes only. But before he could answer, his love continued talking.

"You know, I hope we can be together forever.. It might sound weird, since we neither have known each other for long nor have we been together for long, but... I wish we could be together even in our next lives..", he said while burying his face in his chest.

Hernan now smiled a little and began stroking through the hair of his beloved. "It's not weird. Honestly, I feel the same way.. I also want to stay with you..", he whispered in his ear and watched as his ear grew redder after listening to what he said. He kissed his ear a little and loosened their hug afterward.

"But before we are able to do that, we have to take care of some things." Hernan looked at these stunning blue eyes of his beloved with a gentle gaze.

Kendric nodded and the mood turned serious. They began talking about their plan in detail. It took a few hours, since they had to talk about what to do if something were to go wrong at any point.

Once they finished, it was already one hour before dawn would break. After they were done talking, they kissed for a bit before Hernan went back outside to guard the door. Kendric just sat down on his bed, with his back leaned against the wall.

'Pancake, can I learn Acting now? I think I might need it a lot more in the future than I thought originally..', he said to his system.

{You can, as you still have exactly 200 points left. Are you sure though? You wouldn't be able to use any more points until this world is over.}, answered Pancake.

He nodded. 'Yes, I'm sure. I don't think I would need any either.', he answered.

{Understood. I will now pull you into the training space, please get ready}

He immediately began feeling lightheaded. Once he opened his eyes, he saw the training space again and sighed. He began training acting directly afterwards.

But he took a really, really long time. He wasn't suited for acting, so it took a lot more effort to teach him. And so, he spend 100 years in that space to master everything about it.

~~~~ 100 years (100 seconds in the 'real' world) later ~~~~

Kendric's body woke up from a light and short nap while sighing. 'That was.. So nerve-wracking. Why was I so bad at learning about acting?', thought Edwin who occupied his body.

'Well, it doesn't really matter anymore.. I learned it anyway', he thought afterward and stretched himself a bit before standing up. He applied the 'make-up' with the help of the system and started getting ready for the day.

Since the 'make-up' would never get away if he doesn't want it to, he could even bathe with it on. And that's what he did. He looked worse than ever of course, since he needed to for their plan to work.

Now, with his acting skills he just earned, everyone really thought his health was getting worse. They slowly made their way back to the palace while stopping from inn to inn. Hernan had an urgent look in his eyes the whole time, to make everything more convincing.

Everything went on as planned. After 4 weeks, their pace got even slower. They had been at this inn for a whole week now, making it 5 weeks total. Kendric looked at the note on his table and smiled silently, which looked horrific while he had his make-up on.