Arc 4 Chapter 40: No Touching?

Here's the second Chapter ~ 💕

----------------------------------

3rd Person POV:

After she got the coffee ready, both of them went back into the office her boss and teacher was sitting in. Once they entered, he still looked like he was thinking about something.

Noah was nervously playing with his hands while Milan gave Barke the coffee. "Thank you", he said before drinking it slowly but elegantly. Now both of the twins just stood before his table.

One looked at him with a knowing smile whilst the other continued to nervously play with his fingers. This awkward atmosphere went on for quite a bit.

After Barke placed the empty cup back down after about a minute, he looked at Noah with gentle eyes. "Is there something you wish to tell me?", he now asked.

Noah flinched a bit and pressed his hands together. He took a deep breath and looked at his husband. "I...I wanted to talk about... What happened back there...", he said nervously. He was getting quiter with each word, but he still remained loud enough for those two to hear him.

While he spoke, a deep red blush alluringly decorated his face all the way up to his ears. At first, he had just wanted to blush a bit. But behaving like this in front of his beloved made him feel quite embarrassed, so his blush became a few shades darker as well as deeper than he had originally planned.

He was a bit frustrated about it on the inside. It once again proved that once this man was involved, he would lose control over his feelings and expressions.

What he had said took Barke by surprise. He didn't think that he would be so straightforward about it, but at the same time, he had this weird feeling that it should be this way.

"Sure, tell me. What do you think we should do now?", he asked while smiling a bit. He really would love to hear his thoughts.

"W-Well....", Noah started while continuing to look into his eyes. "..actually, I think we should start by... Maybe..going on a date first..?", he said while he started feeling even more embarrassed.

He didn't want to be like this in front of his husband, he really didn't. But he had to keep acting like Noah would. It frustrated him a bit. Noah was the most shy and introverted person he had taken over.

He asked himself why Noah didn't just blacken a bit instead. That would've been much more comfortable to play out. He sighed inwardly. It's not like he didn't understand him though. That poor soul went through too much.

"Sure..", the deep and mesmerizing voice of his beloved pulled him out of his thoughts. "What about coming Sunday? I could pick you up at around.. 12 pm.."

He nodded while smiling slightly. "That sounds..great..", he answered shyly.

"Now that we got this off our minds.. Shall we go back to our respective works.", Barke said. He then picked up his pencil and continued to fill out his documents, ending the conversation.

Milan patted her brother's head with a gentle smile before leaving the office, going back to her own work as well.

Noah sighed inwardly and sat back down where he sat before his sister had come back. He took his phone out of his pocket and researched some...things... through the internet.

While surfing, he talked to his system inside his mind and gave him a few things to check out.

Firstly, he told him to keep an eye on the main leads of this world, as well as on his husband just in case.

Secondly, he told him to start collecting evidence on any potential crimes the male lead had already committed or maybe would commit in the future. He should send the evidence to his phone once found.

And lastly... Well, he used his system to erase all traced of the things he just searched up. Normally he would do that himself, but he didn't have a laptop right now and pulling it out of his inventory would cause suspicion. No scratch that, it would probably be even worse.

After he was done, he put away his phone and just leaned backwards while closing his eyes. He once again thought about the original memories of this body of his.

'Hey Pancake.. That fear of touching people.. Is it transferred to me as well?'

{Yes, since these things are engraved in the body. I don't know how bad it'll be, but... It should be possible to be healed over time no matter how bad it is. The time depends though.}

He sighed inwardly. He thought as much, but it would still be a hassle. 'Wait!', he suddenly thought after getting a big realization. 'Don't tell me it would even apply to my husband?!'

{Uhm.. Maybe? I'm not so sure. Maybe it won't.. But the chance that it will is way higher.. Although I'm sure it would at least be better for your husband than for new people..}

'God damn it...', he thought while sighing, this time it was out loud out of frustration. He didn't realize though, since he was still deep in thought. 'I promised myself to make it up to him in this life but..for something like this to block us for a while in this world is really irritating.'

Barke looked in his direction with a soft smile on his lips after hearing him sigh. He didn't know what the other man was thinking about, but his slightly irritated face looked kinda cute. It looked different from the shy boy he saw earlier. He got startled out of his thoughts when he saw him suddenly standing up though.

'There's only one way to find out how bad it is...to get this out of my head.', Noah thought while standing up abruptly. To not get out of character though, he just stood there a moment while taking a few deep breaths to 'gather courage' before walking toward his husband.

Barke looked at him with interest sparkling in his eyes. He really wanted to know what the other would do.

Naoh came to a hold on the other side of the table and stretched his hand out. He blushed a bit and there was nervousness hidden in his eyes, which was not faked. He hoped his husband wouldn't think weirdly of him. "C-Can I ask for your hand?"

Barke did find that request indeed weird, but neither did he show it nor did he ask. He just smiled a bit and did as the other asked. "Sure.", he answered.

Noah took a deep breath and placed his hand onto the other's after slight hesitation. At the first second, there was no peticular reaction, since he touched it so slightly that there was almost no contact.

Having reached that step, he immediately wrapped his hand completely around the other's, which was a fatal mistake. It was too much contact at once.. Immediately, he started sweating and turning pale while trembling a lot. A slight nausea caused his face to turn slightly green.

Barke obviously saw those changes. He immediately took his hand away and looked at him with worried eyes. "You..can't touch other people..", he whispered thoughtfully and worriedly.

Naoh didn't answer at first. He took a minute to calm down before looking at his husband. He saw the unsaid concern hidden in those eyes and smiled gently. "Sadly, it's as you saw... We would first have to overcome this problem. Does it bother you?", he then said nervously.

The other saw his nervousness and he gave his beloved a reassuring smile. "Don't worry... No matter what troubles you face, I'll face them together with you."

This sentence, which would normally seem weird in their situation, didn't seem that way to the both of them.

For Lemuel, this man has already been with him through so much that he knew these words were the truth.

For Barke, he always felt like it wasn't just since today that they knew each other, but he couldn't quite grasp why or how he came to that conclusion. His only clue were these vague silhouettes inside his dreams.

"Thank you. The same goes for me as well.." '...my love.', he didn't say the last part, but Noah's eyes overflowed with extreme love while looking at his husband's eyes.

Both eyes clashed and stayed on each other's for a long time. They both got sucked into the eyes of the other, unable to look away. Their hearts slammed against their ribcages with extreme speed without mercy, revealing the feelings that they had for each other.