Arc 3 Chapter 27: Audition

Just a quick reminder:
The story itself is mine, yes.
But neither are the pictures nor songs used in this story!~ 💕

------------------

3rd Person POV:

It took a while before his body was back to peak condition. About two to three months, give or take. At the end of it, he took a Beauty & Health pill while showering, since it would've been way too obvious had he taken it before then.

After he was back, his father told him about an online audition hosted by Huxley Entertainment. He would need to record himself singing a cover or his own song. Right now, he sat in his room after getting the news.

'Hey Pancake, can I learn songwriting with my last 200 points?'

{You can. Do you want to?}

'Yes I do'

{Understood. Transferring to the training space...}

~~45 years later (45 seconds in the task world)~~

Asher opened his eyes with a smile. 'I'll write a mountain of good songs!', he thought motivated and grabbed pen and paper. He started writing and one song for himself and two songs for the original owner of this body, spending 2 days inside his room. He would use one of the second ones for the audition. The other for the first round of the competition.

Of course, he didn't forget to eat, drink and sleep enough in between.

He grabbed his laptop and headset once he finished. He borrowed his mother's soundproof room and set everything up.

He grabbed his guitar and started recording. He took a deep breath, got into the mood and started playing afterward.

His angelic voice immediately rang inside the room.

"I can hold my breath...
I can bite my tongue...
I can stay awake for days, if that's what you want...
Be your number one...

I can fake a smile...
I can force a laugh...
I can dance and play the part, if that's what you ask...
Give you all I am...
I can do it...
I can do it...
I can do it...

But I'm only human and I bleed when I fall down...
I'm only human and I crash and I break down...
Your words in my head, knives in my heart...
You build me up and then I fall apart...
'Cause I'm only human...

I can turn it on...
Be a good machine...
I can hold the weight of worlds, if that's what you need...
Be your everything...
I can do it...
I can do it...
I'll get through it...
But I'm only human and I bleed when I fall down...
I'm only human and I crash and I break down...
Your words in my head, knives in my heart...
You build me up and then I fall apart...
'Cause I'm only human...
I'm only human...
I'm only human...
Just a little human...

I can take so much... 'til I've had enough...
'Cause I'm only human and I bleed when I fall down...
I'm only human and I crash and I break down...
Your words in my head, knives in my heart...
You build me up and then I fall apart...
'Cause I'm only human..."

He smiled at the camera and ended the recording afterwards. He gently put down the guitar and now watched his recording, being a bit taken aback. He hadn't looked into a mirror yet, so his looks surprised him.

(Picture below just inside his mother's studio while playing the guitar. The mic should be standing as well, since he can't hold it while playing the guitar)

He had his hair from his father's side, to be specific, from his grandmother, while his eye color came from his mother

He had his hair from his father's side, to be specific, from his grandmother, while his eye color came from his mother. He was really satisfied with the way he looked.

He took a CD and pulled his song onto it using his laptop and a program. He wrote his name and the name of the song, "Human", on the disc. He put it into the box made for the CD and ran to his father.

"Dad!", he said after seeing him in the living room. He handed him the CD. "Here! I wrote a song for the audition and recorded it! Can you send it in?", he asked excited.

His father laughed and took the CD. "Don't worry, I'll do that. I'll tell you about the results once they're out. Do you want to go out for a bit? You haven't gotten fresh air in a long time and you're better now..", he said with a slightly worried face.

Asher smiled brightly. "Alright. I'll just get ready first! I'll be careful to be back before dinner, too!", he answered and went into his room to take a shower, put on some decent clothes and put on a necklace he got from his mother on his 16th birthday.

After 20 minutes, he ran outside and started walking through the city. He looked around while walking. 'This city is more modern than the tutorial world I was in, but not by much.. It's still underdeveloped compared to the world where I lived as Edwin'

'By the way Pancake.. What's my father doing right now?'

{He's watching your recording after sending the song to the audition. He's crying while watching it.}

Asher smiled sadly. 'I see.. I feel a bit bad for him.. Should I write a song in the finals addressed at him? He would probably love it, right?'

{He probably would like that very much}

'I'll do that then...', he concluded and came to a halt when he heard someone calling his name. He turned around and his eyes immediately went cold. It was that bastard of an ex of this body. 'Now what does this asshole want?', he thought.

(Picture below)

Declan came to a halt right in front of Asher

Declan came to a halt right in front of Asher. "Listen, Asher. I'm really sorry about it all. Someone pushed me to do that. Please forgive me!", he said while looking like he really meant it.

Asher only scoffed at that reason. 'I don't think it is true but just in case... Is it the truth?', he asked Pancake.

{It's not, that much I can tell you.}

'Can you turn the phone in my pocket on to record this conversation?'

{Yes, I will do that}

'Thank you'

He looked at his ex with a mocking smile. "Oh, someone pushed you? Then why is it that I didn't see an ounce of hesitation in your eyes as you told me to go die? I don't need your fake apologies. Try scamming someone else, but don't try that shit with me."

Declan was surprised that the usual way didn't work with him anymore and he remained silent.

"See? You can't even retort. What's the point in pretending.. What did you say again, Declan? You would never date someone as annoying and useless as me if it hadn't been for my money? Leaving me with that right after my mother died. What a good 'boyfriend' you were, why the fuck was I so goddamn blind.", he said and sighed.

Declan now shed his pretense. "Hah. It's the truth though. What can you do? You're only a pampered person!"

"Oh, you're jealous of my parents, was that it? Did you feel a thrill by playing with the heart of a child just because of that reason? Hah. You're even shallower than I originally thought. Please just don't ever come near me again. You make me sick", he said disgusted and walked away, not paying any more attention.

Once he couldn't see him anymore, he took out his phone and ended the recording. 'Please do something stupid once I'm famous. I'll push you into hell should you do so', he thought with a mischievous smirk.