Chapter 53

Lucien's P.O.V.

Bella is so exquisite, standing there in my tee shirt. It's so large on her frame that it falls to her elbows and knees, but she's never looked sexier. She asks me to sleep only in my underwear so she can caress me while we lie in each other's arms. Hell Yeah! I quickly strip down to my boxers and turn to look at her. She doesn't take her eyes off me as I move toward our sleeping bags, longing for her to want me as much as I do her. I zip our bags together, fluff our pillows, then pat her side of our makeshift bed, asking her to sit down.

I watch her lick her lips as she lowers herself down, still staring at me, and not at my face. She steadies herself on my shoulders, then traces the muscles of my right arm with her fingers. She finally looks into my eyes and quietly murmurs, "Is it okay if I touch you?"

I nod my head, "I told you I want you to touch me, remember?"

She doesn't acknowledge I've spoken and says just as quietly, "I've never had the opportunity to examine a male body before."

That statement startles me. Of course not, when would she have? She's avoided men ever since she was violated. Her quiet admission melts my heart farther, and I lean back on my sleeping bag, allowing her to get an eyeful. I don't have to say anything, she immediately traces her finger up my shoulder, and then down my chest, gently rubbing my pectoral muscles. I try to sit quietly, try not to twitch under her gentle fingers, but when she grazes my abdominal muscles I jump at the ticklish sensation. "Sorry," she whispers, putting more pressure in her touch. When she's satisfied, she asks me to lie on my stomach, and when I do, she straddles my lower back. I wonder, briefly, if the weed is giving her the courage to explore me, but then I decide it doesn't matter because her touch is electrifying, and I can't seem to get enough of it. She starts massaging my shoulders, then traces the long muscles of my back. My entire body erupts in goose bumps, and then she returns to kneading my neck and shoulders.

"Where do your wings come from?" she asks quietly.

I turn my head to look at her. "They're in a different plane, you cannot see them."

I feel her dig into my back and I groan. "No," she starts, "I mean, where do they come from on your back, is there an attachment site?"

I chuckle. "Uhh, sort of. They are part of my skeleton, but when I furl them away, they slot into a different realm and become invisible."

"Can you feel them hanging there?" Bella asks, stroking my back.

"No, when I put them away, it's like I don't have wings. It would be pretty inconvenient if I could feel them pulling at me all the time."

I can feel her nod in agreement because her long hair sweeps softly against my skin. "I want to see them again," she tells me quietly.

"And you will," I promise her. "I'll take you flying someday." She stops caressing me so I turn to look at her, watching her eyes widen in surprise and delight.

"That was one of my questions," she murmurs quietly while she returns to stroking my back. "You can fly. And you're able to take somebody with you?"

I nod, returning my face to my pillow, enjoying her ministrations. "I have never flown with anybody I wanted to be carrying before, but yes, I can fly you anywhere you want to go."

"Wow," she tells me quietly, continuing to rub my back. When she scratches her nails though my hair, I groan loudly and hear her giggle. "You keep that up, and there will definitely be questions in the morning," she says, laughing lightly.

"Well then, let's give them something to talk about," I tease her, flipping us before she can blink so I am looming over her, nestled between her legs.