Chapter 77

Bella's P.O.V.

Lucien bought me flowers and candy? I feel like he's courting me, and I love it! He even remembered I love dark chocolate! When I notice he did not, in fact, come over to study, I worry he's going to coerce me into ditching the books for more physical interactions. Granted, that sounds lovely, but I'm too conscientious about my grades to let them slip. When he settles down to read, I realize he's being respectful of me and my desire to ace my two finals on Monday. He seems content to just be in the same room as me, and I cannot erase the smile on my face. If I am being honest, I do not know how much studying I'm going to get done with Lucien in the room because his presence is so distracting. He smells so good, and he is so handsome and sexy, that I suddenly realize I've read the same line in my notes over and over again. Okay, I give up. This isn't working. I tap my pencil on my book and look at Lucien. Hmm, maybe he can help me with anatomy. I need to remember all the muscles of the body, and he is painted with them. I grin evilly when I come up with a plan.

"Lucien?"

"Mmm?" he says, looking up from his book.

"I need to remember the names of the all muscles in the body, do you mind being my model?"

He grins lasciviously and waggles his eyebrows. "Not at all, where do you want to start?" he teases as he reaches for his belt.

"I'm pretty sure I've got that part covered," I laugh, "but starting with your torso would be helpful," I suggest, and he immediately removes his shirt. Wow, he is cut sharper than the drawn diagrams in the text book I'm holding. Comparing images of drawn muscles versus real ones, I trace over Lucien's chest, naming the muscles as I go. I notice his breathing gets shallower, and when I look at him, his eyes are closed. I move down his abdomen, then his side, finishing on his back. I start over, leaving the book closed on the floor and then touch all his muscles, naming them as I go. When I cannot remember one, I look at the book and write, with a ball point pen directly on his skin, what the muscle is called. When I'm done, I'm astounded at how much I remember. Touching and naming them, seeing what the muscles look like up and how they are shaped was so extraordinarily helpful. I tell him he can put his shirt back on if he'd remove his pants. He also removes his underwear stating there is a large group of muscles that make up the buttocks, and he is oh so right. I ink out the muscles I forget on his butt and legs, then ask him to get dressed again before I slip up and use his anatomically perfect body for my own selfish purposes. When he cocks his head at me, I tell him, "I will revisit them all later, see if I can remember them after I concentrate on something else."

"Okay," he pouts, putting his shirt and pants back on but making a point to leave his underwear off. How does he expect me to concentrate when I know there is only a thin strip of fabric between me and what is beginning to become one of my favorite body parts of his? Besides, that body part is standing at attention, and I want to investigate it before I'm done studying anatomy, understanding how it completely affects my physiology.