Chapter 2

Percy POV

Percy is currently walking through the streets of Forks, Michigan. This, this is his kind of town. It's rainy, not a lot of people. Small and quiet. Just how he likes it. The only problem is that people would likely ask a lot of questions about how he gets his money and Percy doesn't like people who asks a lot of questions. That's barely important though.

Percy was in Forks on another vampire job. Although, he had decided to forego the charcoal suit, boots and cravat. He was actually wearing something completely different from his normal vampire hunting clothes. He wore a white undershirt with black jeans, black army boots and a cotton long coat that was so black you'd think it was made out of shadows. His guns were still in their holsters, on his back, hidden under his coat.

Percy reached a diner and walked in. Normally he wouldn't stop to take in the sights or enjoy the local shops until the job was done, but he had no info on this job. He doesn't know any names, what the vampires look like. Nothing. So, he needs to listen in on some conversations and the best place to do that is bars or diners. Considering he saw a police cruiser out in the parking lot, he figured he could find out what was going on by listening in to whatever officer was in the diner.

He entered the eatery and was immediately greeted by a waitress.

"Welcome to the Lodge." She looked him up and down. "You're not from around here, are you?" She asked jokingly. "Was it that obvious?" Percy asked with a smile. "Yea, the coat kinda gave it away. Don't worry though, we'll take good care of ya handsome." She said. "Follow me." Percy was lead to a table, luckily, next to the police officer. "Morning Maya." The man waved to his waitress. "Morning Chief." She waved back. The chief? Heh, fate was smiling down on him.

"Here's the menu, take your time. I'll be back in a little while." Percy nodded. "Thank you." He said with a charming smile. He moved his hair out of his face and looked at the menu. "Pretty boy alert." He heard the chief mutter. "Dad, stop it." His daughter lightly smacked his arm. "Looks kinda fruity too." His daughter hit him harder this time. "Ow. I didn't mean anything bad by it. Just, ya know. It's an observation." Percy couldn't help the laugh that escaped him. They went quiet for a second.

"Did he hear you? Oh god, he heard you. Apologize. Right now." His daughter panicked. "Bella, don't worry. He didn't hear me." The chief said calmly. "Yes he did. He laughed. He heard you." Bella said. "Belle, we're whispering. How could he hear us?" Her father asked. "I don't know. Maybe he has good hearing." Bella said. "Ok, you know. I'll apologize. Hey, I'm sorry." The chief said. Still whispering.

"Dad..." Bella started, but Percy decided to have some fun. "Apology accepted, but unnecessary. I wouldn't have laughed if I didn't find it funny." Percy said looking over to the father and daughter. Bella froze and avoided eye contact and the chief cleared his throat in embarrassment. "I am so sorry for him." Bella said and Percy waved it off. "Like I said, accepted, but not necessary." He said with an easy going smile. Bella blushed a bit.

"Thank you for understanding." Percy nodded and went back to his menu. An awkward silence had settled over the two and for the sake of his mission, he let them stew in it. "So um, are you new to Forks?" Bella asked. "I'm just passing through. My mother and I are on our way to Oregon for one of her friend's wedding." Percy answered while looking at her. "Oh, that's nice." She said. "Pretty lucky too." The chief interrupted. Percy gave a confused look.

"There's been disappearances happening in Port Angeles and recently they've moved over to Forks." Percy nodded. "Yea, I heard about that." He said. Percy looked back over to Bella. "The last one happened in the.... shopping district, right?" He asked. "The boats." Her father interjected again.