Chapter 45

Percy POV
Date: 1/28/08
Time- 12:00pm
Location:
New Marais, Louisiana

Not long after leaving, I found myself wandering towards the swamps of New Marais. They still stank like usual, which I found somewhat comforting. I made my way deeper into the bayou, making sure to avoid water. Not for any reason other than I didn't want to end up having to kill an alligator or crocodile or something. Killing Killer Croc was one thing. He was at least somewhat human. Anyway, as I walked further into the swamps another smell wafted into my nose. Blood and... burnt skin? Getting curious, I followed the smell.

It eventually lead me to what seemed to be an abandoned dock and dilapidated boats. I also found a bunch of dead guys. All dressed in armor and guns littering the ground around them.

"Huh, what's Militia doing out here?" I muttered. The militia is basically Bertrand's personal army. Not much to mention about them. As I was inspecting one of them, my senses went off allowing me to dodge a woman coming at me just in time. She did something I didn't expect though. Just after I had dodged, she teleported in my face and knocked me on my ass. Her hand glowed orange and back smoke trailer from it. I brought my hand up, ready to blast her in the face with electricity, but she stopped and backed off. "The demon." She muttered.

"I've been called that." I said hoping to my feet. Electricity still crackling around my hands. "Woah, woah. Hold on. I'm a fan." She said, her voice low and raspy he seductive. "Oh? That's odd. Never had a fan before." I said with a raised eyebrow. "Well, here I am." She said and bowed slightly. I cut off my powers. "Where'd ya get that?" I asked pointing to the blast core in her hand. "Off of one of these fools. Thought it was pretty. What, you like pretty?" She asked. "Oh I love pretty." I replied with a smirk.

"Well, you can have it. If... you help me." She said. I fixed my hair and put my hands on my hips. "Really? No favors from a fan?" I joked. "Oh I'll give you favor if you want one." She joked back. I smirked. 'I like this one.' I thought. "Ok. What do you want?" I asked. "Just help me cause a bit of trouble. That's all." She said. "Hmm, I don't know. I'm supposed to be laying low while I'm here. Although, I guess I can help if I change my appearance." She gave me a questioning look. "You can do that?" I frowned at her. "Oh, you just heard about the demon of Empire City. Poor child, there's so much more to me." I chuckled. "Where do you want to meet?" I asked.

"Bertrand's having a lil get together in the middle of the city. Let's meet on one of the buildings there." She said and teleported away. I headed back to Paradise to see Eva and Kat going through things. "Hey, found another conduit." Percy said. "That wasn't long." Kat said. Percy nodded and sat down. "I'll be meeting her in the middle of the city to fuck up one Bertrand's rallies." Eva looked at Percy with a raised eyebrow, but didn't say anything. It did shock her to hear Percy curse without being angry, but she could recognize that people, like time, change.

"Are you sure that's a good idea? Aren't you supposed to be discreet?" Kat asked. "I planned on shifting my appearance again. Possibly an adult." He shrugged. "It would be ideal." Eva nodded. Percy nodded as well. An awkward silence settled over the room, something that Kat noticed. "I'll be right back. I need to use the bathroom." She said and power walked out of the room. Percy watched her, mentally noting how nice her butt looked. Much more perky than Nico's and larger than Bella's and Seras'.

"Percy." Eva scolded with a laugh, making him look at her. "I know I taught you not to stare at girls that way and I'm sure that whoever's taking care of you now taught you the same." She said. Percy shrugged. "What? She has a cute butt." He said. "Percy!" The two laughed a bit. Eva stared at Percy with a loving smile. "So, how've you been?" Percy shrugged again. "I've been good. Stuffs been exciting lately. Got attacked by a bunch of assassins on Christmas Eve and Christmas, I think. I don't really remember the exact time stamps." He said. Eva smiled at him.

"It frightens me how casual you are about that." She said. "When you make a living from hunting and killing demons, human assassins are nothing, but distractions." Percy said. Eva agreed with nod. "Well. About time for me to get going." He said and stood. "Try not get caught. Remember, discrete." Eva called as he left. He just saluted at her.

Time:
1:36PM

Percy appeared on top of tall building wearing the appearance of one of the many people he's absorbed. He sat on the edge, using the screaming and protesting people as white noise while scrolling on his phone. That is until he heard the now familiar sound of Nix teleporting near him.

"So, what we doing?" Percy asked, putting his phone away. "Who the hell are you?" She asked hostilely. Percy smirked. His appearance rippled, going back to his actual form for a few seconds before reverting back into his current disguise. "I did say I needed to be discreet." He said. Nix slowly nodded. "That's so cool. Kinda creepy, but cool." She said. Percy nodded and stood up. "So again, what're we doing?" I asked. "Oh, it's easy. We just need to pour the tar and oil all over these banners and light'em up." She said. Percy nodded. "Ok, ok. Easy enough. Let's go."

Manhattan,New York
Jackson Residence

Harley woke up late into the day. She did a cat like stretch in her bed before rolling out and on to the floor with a thump. She didn't seem to be bothered by this in the slightest. She detangled here from the covers and stood up. She stretched again, letting her crop top rise up to show the bottom of her areolas.

Harley slowly made her way out her room and into the kitchen. Sally was likely at work. Harley's shift doesn't start for another hour and a half. She dug around in the refrigerator for a few seconds before pulling out a pack of sausages. As she was closing the  fridge door, she caught something in her peripheral vision. Looking over, she saw two pink eyes innocently staring back at her.