Chapter 21

Third POV

The reactions to the information was hilarious in Percy's eyes. The shock, the sudden glare from Thalia. He ignored that, not caring about whatever she had going on.

"You're a son of Hades?" Mikey asked. "Yup." He nodded. "What's it like?" Bianca asked. "You see ghosts, love being alone and sitting in the darkness and you hold a grudge for a long fucking time. The other stuff can be worked on and you'll eventually overcome it. The grudge thing however. You never let go of that. If someone hurts you enough, you'll hold on to it forever." Percy said. "You sound like you have experience." Thalia said. "I do." He retorted. "Mind sharing." Percy just gave her an over the shoulder smile. A smile that gave her a very clear message. 'Shut up and don't ask again.'

Safe to say, she listened.

"Anyway, you guys got a ride?" He asked. They had reached the lobby and the second they got outside, Percy transformed into his, as he calls it, Girlycard form. Complete with the fluffy white hat. When he felt everyone's eyes on him he just tutted. "Don't question it." He said. "Let's just go." Zoe said and walked to the van they were using and got into the driver seat. Once everyone was in, Mikey finally realized where she had seen this girl. "Percy? Did you shoot the manticore?" She asked. "Hmm? The who?" He asked. "Did you see us in Maine?" She said, making the question easier. "Oh, yea."

"That's where I saw this girl. You were the one that shot the manticore." Mike said. "I guess. I don't really know what that is, but I'll say it was the lion scorpion dude I killed." He said. "How did you do that? Kill him with a gun I mean. How'd you make celestial bronze bullets?" Percy looked back at her. "The hell is celestial bronze?" He asked. "Um, the metal used to kill greek monsters. Well, aside from silver." Mikey explained. "Oh, I use pure silver."

Zoe looked at him in the rear view mirror. Her black eyes looked suspicious and unbelieving.

"Do you know how hard it is to come across pure silver, boy." She sneered the word like it was an insult. "Um, number one. I'm a girl. I have a working cooch and everything. If I get fucked, I could get pregnant. So that 'insult' doesn't make much sense. Second, yes. I do know. However, like I've said twice now that you seem to not understand. I am a professional bounty hunter that hunts vampires and occasionally werewolves. I need pure silver to kill those things." Percy explained like was talking to a child. If looks could kill, Percy would've felt like he'd gotten decked in the face by an MMA fighter.

"Vampires don't exist. You mean emposua?" Mikey asked. Percy looked at her. He went to explain things to her, but Zoe interrupted. "The gods do not wish for them them to know certain things. It would be wise to keep that information to yourself. Lest you wish for the wrath of Olympus." Percy didn't mind 'the wrath of Olympus', but he wasn't in the mood to fight a god so he shrugged and went quiet.

TimeSkip
Location: Smithsonian(DC, Michigan)

After literal hours of driving, they stopped to get something to eat. Well, the girls did. Percy decided to go investigating. He wandered into the museum and started looking around the exhibits. Percy noticed a section that seemed to be closed off, but there was no bars or anything to keep people out. People just avoided it. He walked over and stopped just before he entered the room. Looking inside, he noticed a giant man sitting on a makeshift throne of sorts. Percy entered the selfless state and turned invisible before walking in.

"Well, well. What is this?" He asked. Percy could idly hear the people and the giant man talking, but seeing as the author doesn't remember what they said and is too tired to look it up, he ignored them completely. He watched as some quivering humans planted some dinosaur teeth in a patch of dirt. Moments later, an army of small kittens crawled from the dirt, meowing loudly. Percy awed and picked one up. No one noticed, because Atlas was yelling angrily at them to dispose of them.

Percy grabbed two more, apologized to the ones he couldn't save and left the room. He tracked his group back to a random taco diner and sat down before becoming visible again. Of course, this scared everyone there. Percy just smiled.

"What the hell?! How'd you do that?!" Mikey yelled. Percy shrugged. "Ghost powers." He answered. "Ghost... do you get that from being a son of Hades?" The blonde asked. "No. This is more of a scientific fuck up." Percy said as he stopped a waiter and order a plain plate of fish. "Speaking of fish." Thalia started. "Where'd you get the kittens?" Percy smiled down at the adorable little fur balls. "The Smithsonian. Some huge dude is in the museum is planting teeth and this adorable things popped out." This caught Zoe's attention. "What?!" She asked.

"Yep. I didn't really listen to them, but there's this huge guy, now that I think about it likely your dad is planting teeth." Percy said. "Her dad?" Thalia asked. "They look and smell the same." Percy said. "We must go. Now!" Zoe ordered. Just as the fish arrived. Percy stood up and grabbed the plate. He stuffed the kittens in his infinitely expanding inner coat pocket, handed the waitress a few hundred or thousand dollars, he doesn't know, and left with his group out the back door. They tried to 'run' to the van, but they were cut off by more of those Greek clad skeleton warriors. Percy pulled out Ebony and shot each one in the head.

All of the burst into flames and turned to ash.

"Huh. Nice." Percy shrugged and jumped into the van. Zoe floored it away from the place while Percy took the kittens back out and fed them the fish he somehow didn't drop while shooting the very heavy gun. "You're weird." Mikey said. "Thank you." Percy nodded. He fixed his fluffy hat. "Does anyone hear thumps?" Thalia asked. "If you mean the nemean Lion following us, then yes." Percy said casually. They all looked at him. "WHAT?!"