Chapter 6

Third POV

Percy sat in Bella's room, in a random chair that was in front of one of her two windows while she sat on the bed. Bella was eating a simple vanilla ice cream cone while Percy was eating a banana split with whipped cream, chopped peanuts and strawberry sauce. He had a strawberry sundaes on the dresser next to him. The room was silent, but it was a comfortable quiet silence. Percy on his phone and Bella staring at him.

"Your ice cream's melting." He chuckled. Bella blinked and looked at her frozen treat. "Shit." She mumbled, realizing that her ice cream was running over her fingers and spilling on her thighs. She was going to get up and get something to clean the mess. "Where are you going? Just lick it up." Percy said. Bella looked at him with a 'really' look and a blush creeping on her face. Percy raised an eyebrow at her questioningly. "What? It's ice cream Bella. Typically, you're supposed to lick it." He said. 'Oh god, I'm so stupid.'

Bella thought, thinking Percy was being his normal sexual self. She, dumbly mind you, went to face palm. With the same hand holding her ice cream. It slammed into her forehead and was smeared all over her face. Percy burst into laughter, luckily he had put his bowl down so he didn't spill anything.

"Where's your towels?" He asked. "Bathroom. Under the sink." Bella said. She was wiping away as much of the ice cream as possible and dumping it in the small garbage bin next to her bed. Percy went to the bathroom and got a small towel from under the sink. He ran hot water over it and brought it back to the girl, who took with thankfully. Percy looked at the bedroom door. "Hey, Bella. How pissed would you dad be if he found me in your bedroom?" The brunette gave him a questioning look.

"He'd be pretty pissed, but you're way younger than me so..." She trailed off. "I'm only like, three years younger than you." Percy deadpanned. "Still." She shrugged with a smile, feeling like she had finally won a point over Percy. "Well, I heard you dad's cruiser pull up and now he's opening the door." That point was immediately taken away. "Oh god. Um, go get my book bag. Hurry!" She whisper yelled. Percy chuckled and teleported downstairs, grabbed her bag and teleported back upstairs.

She snatched it from him and panically pulled out a calculus book.

"Act like your helping me." She said opening up the book to a page that was bookmarked with notes. Percy smiled in amusement, but grabbed her book and the notes. "Bella! You home?" Her father yelled up. "Yea, dad!" She called back. Heavy thuds were heard as he made his way up the stairs. The chief reached his daughter's bedroom and his hand snapped to his gun. Percy, despite being shot multiple times, acted afraid and threw his hands up with wide eyes.

"Dad!" Bella scolded. "Dear fu.... What is he doing here?" He asked. "He's helping me with my calculus." Bella said. "He's... helping you?" The chief asked rhetorically. "Um, I actually graduated college when I was ten." Percy explained 'nervously'. "Got proof of that?" The officer asked. "I can have my mom send a picture of me with my diploma. She has one in her phone." He said. "Do it." Percy slowly pulled his globine from his pocket and texted his mom.

Why do you need that?

Mother, what was the rule about my jobs?

Don't ask questions. Hold on.

A few seconds later, a picture popped up on his phone with a notification sound. Percy showed Bella's dad and he took the phone. The man examined the picture for at least thirty seconds before handing the phone back.

"Ok. Sorry, about that." He said much more relaxed. Percy nodded. "It's ok." He said with a fake sigh of relief. "Also, Harvard. That's a good school. You a genius or something?" Percy gave a sheepish laugh. "I guess you could say that." He said. The man nodded. "You know, it's been a few days. I thought you weren't staying long?" Bella gave her dad a glare. "We had a few complications with the car, but we'll be leaving early morning." Percy said. "Oh, well in that case you wouldn't mind having dinner here. As a parting gift?" Percy nodded. "If you'd like. I'll text my mom." He said. The man nodded and left.

"Your mom isn't actually in Forks, is she?" Bella asked. "Not yet." Percy said and stood up. Bella watched as Percy literally split into two versions of himself. "Be back." The one on the left said and disappeared. Bella looked at the other with wide eyes. "This isn't a vampire power." Was all he said.

New York

Percy reappeared in his apartment, at the front door. He could hear the tv playing cartoons. Walking into the apartment, he saw exactly what he expected. Harley was sitting on the couch watching cartoons with a plate of cookies and a glass of chocolate milk.

"Hey, Harley." He said soothingly as he walked over. Harley turned around and gave him huge smile. "Puddin!" She exclaimed happily. "Hey, how ya feeling?" Percy asked. "Great now that ya back. Oh, oh. Sit down, let's eat." Percy smiled. Despite knowing that he had things to do, he couldn't say no to Harley. Eh, he could waste some time. Dinner wasn't for another few hours. Percy sat down and picked up a cookie. "Alright, what we watching?" He asked. Harley leaned on his shoulder.

"Don't know, but it's funny." She said. Percy chuckled at the blonde. About an hour later, Harley had fallen asleep on Percy's shoulder and he had eaten the last two cookies. It was then that Sally decided to come in. "Oh, Percy. You're finally back." She said with a motherly smile. "Ehh, kind of." He said. "Duplicate?" She asked. "No, but we'll be back tomorrow. Tonight at the earliest." He said. "'We'?" She asked. "Yea, um. I might've agreed to dinner as a 'parting gift'." Sally shook her head and sighed, but you could hear the smile on her face.

"Alright, alright. What about Harley? Seras is off on a job and Trish still hasn't come back." Percy shrugged. "I'll leave a duplicate with her. Like I said, we'll be back tonight at the earliest." Sally nodded. "Ok, will I need to bring the car?" She asked. "Yep. Also, we had some problems with it so if he asks, just say something about the muffler." Percy said. "Sheesh, the things I do for you boy." Percy smiled at her. "You love me." Sally chuckled. "Yes I do."