Chapter 24

Third POV

Percy looked around at the piles of junk in the vast desert. There seemed to be everything in this place. Cars, refrigerators, swords, shields. Is that a metal leg? Huh, cool. Percy expertly ignored the urge to see what would happen if he picked something up. He was kind of disappointed that he wouldn't be able to find out, but it seems the fates were smiling down on him. As they were about to leave, basically out of the junkyard at this point, there was a loud groaning of metal. Everyone stopped.

"Who took something?!" Zoe asked in anger. She then immediately rounded on Percy. "It was you, wasn't it?!" She yelled. Percy just blinked at her. He saw a shameful looking Bianca about it confess that it was her, but he stopped her by speaking up. "What if it was?" He shrugged causally. "One job! You stupid boy! You couldn't even do one job!" She yelled.

They looked to where the sound came from, which was hard, because it was so loud that it seemingly came from everywhere. From inside a wall of scrap metal and random shit, a giant metal man stood up.

"Is that Talos?!" Thalia asked frantically. "Not. It's too small. That must be a prototype." Zoe said still seething. Her black eyes then turned on Percy again. "Well, professional bounty hunter! You made this mess, now deal with it!" She said. Percy turned to the giant automation and watched as it walked forward. "Hmm. Easy." He said. The Talos wannabe gripped the hilt of the giant, skyscraper sized sword on its hip and pulled it out of its scabbard. It made a horrible screeching sounds that forced Percy to cut off his hearing. "Ow, that hurt." He said as he clapped his hands together.

"Well?" Zoe urged. Percy rolled his eyes as red and black lighting surrounded his hands and forearms. Percy raised his arms and the sky rumbled. "You better fucking not." Thalia said. Percy smiled back at her and he slammed his hands down. Lighting fell from the sky and slammed into the head of the metal man. Talos seized up, jerking and jolting. It's circus were fried and he feel with a earth shaking crash.

"See? Easy." Percy shrugged. Zoe gaped at him, but it quickly turned back into an angry scowl. "Hm. At least you're capable of fixing your mistakes. What did you take anyway?" She asked. "He didn't take anything!" Bianca said before he could protect her again. "I did. I took a little Hades figure from that game Nico likes." She explained taking it from her pocket. Zoe looked at Bianca with confusion. "Why didn't you say anything?" She asked. "She tried, Percy stopped her. Likely didn't want her to feel more guilty than she already did." Thalia piped up.

"Aww. That's sweet." Percy gagged. He gagged again. Then he puked. The girls quickly shuffled away from him in disgust. "Fuck." Percy cursed when he was done. "First rule, never mention my nice actions. Just gloss over it." He said. "Did you really puke, because Mikey called you sweet?" Percy glared at her harshly. "Never mind." She said, quickly shutting up. "Let's just go." Percy said. The quest found a working truck and Thalia was chosen as the driver seeing as she was technically the second oldest. Bianca, Mikey and Zoe all went to sleep in the back while Percy took the passenger seat and stared out the window.

TimeSkip
Location: Mount Tamalpais
Time- 11:36pm
Date: 12/20/07
(Hoover Dam is only important if Percy was a son of Poseidon so no. Plus he killed all the sportai so he can't meet Rachel)

"Fucking finally." Percy said as they reached the base of the Mount Tamalpais. "We must wait." Percy groaned. "Wait? For what?" He whined. "We can only ascend the mountain after going through the Garden of the Hesperides. Otherwise, we will not reach the remains of the Titan stronghold." Percy flopped on to the ground. Luckily he couldn't get dirty. He'd be pissed if his pristine white clothes got dust and dirt on them.

After three hours, the garden finally appeared. Percy doesn't know if it was his demon half, his son of Hades half or both, but the place annoyed the hell out of him. It was way too bright. Too godly. It just didn't look natural. The second they stepped into the garden, four women all dressed white dresses. Percy sensed Zoe's bitterness and guilt spike.