Chapter 1

Nuffnut, Kuffnut, Boulout, Ingenda, Tyvarr and I got to Berk about late afternoon for more supplies since Nuffnut and Kuffnut ate most of the supplies. "They're back?" Spitelout called about us to everyone who's nearby. "Daughter, good to see ya again." Dad said to me smiling as Hiccup came running to hug me. "Runa?" Hiccup said smiling happily that I'm here. "How long are you six staying here?" Gobber asked about the length of time we'll be staying. "About a week or a week and a half. Why?" I said, confused about the time. 

"You need to train your brother to fight dragons and to teach the rest of Gobber how great you six are." Dad said about training Hiccup and the rest of the younger siblings. "Okay, I'm sure the others wouldn't mind." I talked about training and the others in the group. The others nod in glee and are hyped to train their siblings. "Why do we need to train, Chief? All we do is train and we don't get to kill or attack dragons. We throw water on burning buildings or try to protect the sheep." Astrid said about fighting dragons. "We couldn't fight dragons when we were your age. We fought our first dragon when we were 17 and our first dragon boat run as 18 year olds. You guys still have much to learn about everything dragon." I said about everything we did in the group. I saw Hiccup looking down sadly and I knew what that meant since dad didn't trust Hiccup like he did me. 

Later that night. None P.O.V. "This... Is Berk." A boy speaks with a heavy sigh, not fond of the place. Mist shrouds dark waters as it leads up to a tall mountain. "It's twelve days north of hopelessness and a few degrees south of freezing to death."  Tall pillars with Viking helmets stand with small flames flickering inside of them, acting as some sort of lighthouse. "It's located solidly on the Meridian of Misery." A small village was revealed, sheep grazing the fields nearby. "My village. In a word, sturdy. It's been here for seven generations, but every single building is new." The wooden buildings stand tall, the night sky above clear and the stars dancing with the moonlight. "We have fishing, hunting, and a charming view of the sunsets. The only problem..." A sheep chews the grass with a bored expression, when suddenly it was whisked away. "... Are the pests." 

The other sheep watches with a bored expression, waddling and grazing on the grass his friend once was. "You see... Most places have mice or mosquitoes. We have..." Hiccup opens his door to people yelling, making him pause before gasping as a dragon sees him. He swiftly slams the door just as it breathes fire at him. "... Dragons!" He finishes. "Most people would leave. Not us." Dragons spew fire and swoop down, stealing sheep. A man gasps and races to the dragon, grabbing the sheep as it carries them off. "We're Vikings. We have... Stubbornness issues." A dragon bites down on the leg of a Viking, who simply punches its face in response before it lets him go. Hiccup races out of his burning house, looking back at it before rushing ahead with a grin. 

"My name is Hiccup."  The Viking lands in front of him, making him jump and try to dodge others as they run past. "Great name, I know. But... It's not the worst." Vikings carrying a large log walk past, making Hiccup duck as he rushes past them. A Viking looks after him, his head getting hit with the log a result of this. "Parents believe a hideous name will frighten off gnomes and trolls." Hiccup cringes as he watches the Viking knock out before gasping as he was shoved. He turns around with a yelp as a fire ball was blasted near him, making him fall backwards. "Like our charming Viking demeanour wouldn't do that." 

"AHH!" A Viking screams as he looks down at Hiccup, his beard on fire as he suddenly smiles. "Mornin'!" Hiccup races through the village, looking for any way to help. "What are you doing here?!" and "Get inside!" Vikings scold, but he ignores them as he runs on. "What are you doing out?!" Boulout shouted at his friend's younger brother. "Get back inside!" Nuffnut said about getting inside somewhere as Hiccup looks back as he runs, yelping as his collar was yanked as a dragon flew where he once was. A tall, burly man with a large ginger beard glares at him with sharp, pale green eyes. "Hiccup! What is he doing out again..." Stoick sighs, angrily pointing to Hiccup before glaring at him.