Chapter 29

I walked over to Hiccup's place since Eret, Eret II and Freya wanted to do my present for Snoggletog. I saw a fish hanging on a rope. I pull the fish and a log is about to hit me but I quickly run inside avoiding the hi as I step inside the home, a rope tangles itself around my boot. I tried to get it off but I suddenly pulled into a net, hanging upside down. Hiccup, Astrid, Zephyr and Nuffink walked up to me as I hung from the rope. "Yes! It worked." Zephyr said, pleased again about it. "We're going to catch a dragon, mom. Knock 'em cold so he can't eat us." Nuffink said happily about not getting eaten. 

"Sorry, Runa. Zephyr designed the whole trap herself." Hiccup said about the trap. "It's good but we don't need traps for dragons. People are slowly getting used to either not having dragons around or trapping them." I said as I sarcastically laughed. "Come on Nuffink, let's set some traps outside, Come on, come on." Zephyr said to Nuffink about some more traps. "Yeah! We're going to kill the dragon." Nuffink cheered about killing dragons. The two children ran off whilst I was still stuck in the net. "So, Hiccy, are you gonna help me down or-" I asked Hiccup about helping me down. "Oh, right." Hiccup said as he grabbed a knife and cut the rope that's attached to the ceiling before I crashed on my head, I landed on my feet. 

Boulout, Astrid, Nuffnut, Kuffnut, Ruffnut, Snotlout and Ingenda are setting up for the pageant. I looked over the script that I got hours before the pageant would start. "Great news, chief and chieftess, after exhaustive casting, we've found our Hiccup." Gobber informed Hiccup and I about casting Hiccup. Eret, Ingenda, Kuffnut, Nuffnut, Boulout, Tyvarr, and I didn't want to be in the script and so it would be from Hiccup's and the younger riders point of view. "Yeah, Gobber, actually I want to ask you about the whole Hiccup character in the story-" Hiccup asked about the character that Gobber made from Hiccup. 

"Hiccup, present yourself." Gobber said as Tuffnut walked forward, dressed in a long baggy tunic and vest, with a brown mop over his head. "Tuffnut?!" Hiccup asked, surprised at seeing Tuffnut on the stage. "Tuffnut, give us a taste." Gobber said about what Tuffnut could give to the pageant. "Uhh...a dragon is coming. Ahhh! Help me, help...uhh...uhh...line?" Tuffnut said high pitched as Gobber holds up a clipboard and reads it. "I'd rather watch the old pageant." I mumble about the old pageant as I try to leave but Gobber pulls me back next to Hiccup. "Great, now let's see you run away in fear." Gobber said about running away in fear. Tuffnut runs, jumping up and down, screaming high pitched. 

"Do I run like that? Which brings me to a bigger point, umm, I've read the script, Gobber, and I have some notes. I'm not sure the character of Hiccup is coming through ohh quite as heroic as I was. I was pretty heroic, no?" Hiccup said about being heroic and to a bigger point. "Oh, I think we've got the gist of it." Gobber said about getting the gist of Hiccup and his encounter with Toothless. Hiccup points at Tuffnut on the stage. "That is not in any way, me." Hiccup said about Tuffnut not playing him correctly. Astrid walks up to Tuffnut on the stage and mistakes him for me. 

"Hey, Runa, I was-Oh..." He said as he looked over at him and realised she's not me. "Are you serious?!" I asked Gobber as he laughed about it. I continue to sit next to Gobber who is busy casting the roles of the characters. "Better luck next time, Angus. Nice effort, who's next?" Gobber said about who's next to a character. Angus walks off and Fishlegs walks on to the stage. "Fishlegs Ingerman, reading for the role of Stoick the Vast." He said about playing the role of dad. A few vikings set the stage for him and he starts reading his lines. 

"If I don't return...uh... no, no. If I don't return, know that all I am, all I do, is for you, my precious Hiccup, my valkyrie, Runa." He said as he clears his throat and does a perfect dad impression. Nuffink, Eret II, Freya and Zephyr look shocked and impressed. "Wow, so are you thinking what I'm thinking, Gobber?" I asked about the role of dad as Hiccup and I smiled. "Yes I am. This isn't working!" Gobber said about playing the part himself. "What?! Not working?!" Hiccup asked, confused about not working. "You're right, I should do it! No, no, don't try and talk me out of it, I knew Stoick best." Gobber Said before he goes onto the stage and pushes Fishlegs out of the way. He makes an impression that sounds nothing like dad.