Chapter 27

"Uh, we've got problems." Hiccup said as Deathgripper tried to grab Hiccup and another tried to get me but Toothless and Ghostwing quickly rolled and made a sharp turn, making the Deathgripper hit a sea stack. Toothless continues trying to crash the Deathgripper's into sea stacks but they quickly recover and chase after them again. "We need a better plan quickly!" Hiccup said as Ghostwing and Toothless roared loudly causing them to glow an electric blue and royal blue, reminding us of the time they saved us in the ice the Bewilderbeast had trapped us in. 

"Uh, wha-what are you doing?" Hiccup asked as Ghostwing and Toothless continue to roar and soon lightning from the sky strikes the Deathgrippers making them fall to the ground. When Toothless and Ghostwing get close enough, Hiccup and I jump off and use the wings on our flight suit to glide towards the Light Fury, Light Nadder and Grimmel. Grimmel shoots darts at Hiccup and I but it hits Toothless and Ghostwing, knocking them unconscious. I crashed into Grimmel, pushing him off of the Light Fury's back. He quickly holds on to my leg to stop himself from falling. "You'll kill both of us! Fighting over dragons?! That's your plan?!" Grimmel screamed in anger. 

Hiccup was working on the Light Nadder and got her out as I watched Ghostwing and Toothless fall from the sky and take a deep breath. The Light Nadder with Hiccup on her back flew to Ghostwing to help him. "This is. Save him." I said to the Light Fury and Light Nadder as I quickly took the collar off the Light Fury and let go, plummeting towards the ocean with Grimmel holding on to me, trying not to fall off. The Light Fury catches Toothless and drops him on the cliff while the Light Nadder landed a minute or two before. Grimmel starts to tear the wings on my flight suit as I try kicking him away. I heard a screech and looked up to see the Light Fury diving down towards me as I quickly unhooks her prosthetic leg and Grimmel screams at the top of his lungs, crashing into the ocean. The Light Fury quickly catches me in her claws and smiles at me. 

"Hiccup knew you'd come around." I said to the Light Fury who softly roars. The Light Fury carries me to the island and drops me next to Ghostwing, landing a little away from the Berkians. Hiccup sits besides Toothless and pets his nose, trying to get him to wake up. "Hey, good morning, bud." Hiccup said as Toothless slowly wakes up and licks his face. The Light Fury slowly walks over to Toothless and Hiccup while the Light Nadder walks over to Ghostwing and I, putting their heads a little forward so Hiccup and I can put our hands on their snouts. "He's all yours, Lightie." I said as I smiled and Eret who helped me stand up since I didn't have my prosthetic leg. "You know, Eret may be blessed with brawn but, just between us, you have the brains." Valka whispers to Snotlout. "Number one." Snotlout said smiling about being number one. Hiccup and Astrid stare into each other's eyes and smile pressing their heads together as Eret and I did it before them. 

Ghostwing and Toothless then look over at Hiccup and I about leaving Berk forever. "It's time. Hiccup was so busy fighting for a world that he wanted, he didn't think about what you needed. You've looked after us for long enough. Time to look after yourselves." I said as Eret helped me take off the saddle on Ghostwing. Gobber takes his saddle off of Grump. "All right, Grumpy. Off you go." He said as he wiped a tear away. Astrid looks at Stormfly and takes her saddle off. "Oh, Stormfly, my good girl." Astrid said as others started to do the same. "So long, you big ugly beast. I'll miss you." Eret said as he took his saddle off of Skullcrusher. "Oh, Cloudjumper." mom said as she hugged Cloudjumper with tears in her eyes. 

Snotlout and Boulout take Hookfang's and Sandfang's saddles off whilst wiping tears away. "You'll always be my number one, Hookfang/Sandfang." the Lout brothers said to their dragons. Ruffnut and Tuffnut sadly hug Barf and Belch while Nuffnut and Kuffnut hug Soot and Smudge. "Loki-ing with you two was the best. Now all I have is Ruff, Nuff, and Kuff." Tuff said sadly about everything through the years. "Oh, Meatlug. I'm gonna miss you so much." Fishlegs said as he placed Fishmeat into her mouth. "Windshard, I miss you and everything we did together." Ingenda said crying dramatically for his dragon.