Chapter 14

"He likes you." Valka said as she and Runa laughed. "Wow." Hiccup breathes, shaking the ice off his hair. "You must be hungry." Valka said about being hungry and they nodded. "Uh, yeah. I could eat." Runa said since she didn't eat for a few days. "Good. It's feeding time." Valka said with a smile. The riders are waiting for Stoick and Gobber to come back with Hiccup and Runa on a small iceberg. "I don't like it. They should've been back with Hiccup and Runa by now." Astrid said about Gobber, Stoick, Hiccup and Runa. "I don't like it either. Eret, Son of Eret, was the man of my dreams. My everything!" Ruff complains about the son of Eret. 

"Isn't he Tyvarr's, Boulout's, Ingenda's, Runa's and your siblings' age? Wouldn't it be awkward to date someone your siblings' age?" Fishlegs asked Ruffnut about the older dragon riders. "But, baby, I grew facial hair for you." Snotlout said sadly to her. "Me too." Fishlegs adds with equal sadness. "What if Drago shot them down? What if...they need our help? We have to find them." Astrid said about Drago finding the four riders. "W-wait, What? No, but Stoick said..." Fishlegs said as he tried to reason. "We only listen to Stoick because he's Runa's dad. And it doesn't matter what he said, if they've all been captured. Come on!" Boulout said as the older riders lifted off and left the younger ones. 

"He's got a point." Astrid said as she agreed with the older ones before taking off. The riders fly away looking for them. "Do we go back?" One of the trappers asks Eret. "We've nowhere to go! Nothing to sell! And no heads to call our own, if we don't turn up with dragons and fast-" Eret said but was cut off when Stormwing snatched him up. "Careful what you wish for!" Astrid states from Stormfly. "ERET, SON OF ERET!" Another trapper calls for Eret. "What is this?!" Eret asked scared and Astrid laughed, bringing up a memory of her doing the same thing. "A kidnapping." Tyvarr answered in anger. "Yay! Can he ride with me? Can he? Can he?" Ruff and Kuff pleaded as Tuff and Nuff groaned in disgust. "You're gonna show us the way to Drago." Tyvarr sneered at Eret about Drago. 

"And help Dragon Riders sneak into Drago's camp? Just kill me now." Eret states with a large amount of sass. "No, that's Runa's job after she's done getting information." Nuffnut said something about Runa which caught Eret's attention and caused Snotlout and Boulout to look at him with suspicion. "That can be arranged. Stormwing, drop it." Tyvarr instructs Stormwing as the others stop. Stormwing drops Eret and he fall towards the sea. "Good girl!" Tyvarr said, smirking with pleasure. "ALL RIGHT! OKAY! I'LL TAKE YOU TO DRAGO!" Eret yells in defeat at being captured. "Stormfly, fetch." Astrid said beforeStormfly flies down and catches him. "I don't know how that works every time." Snotlout asked about the tactic. "It was fun because they don't want to die and they help." Boulout said about not caring for the tactic. 

Runa P.O.V. Mom, Hiccup and I are flying somewhere out in the ocean. "Hey, I thought we were going to eat!" Hiccup asks, confused by why we were out here. "Oh, we are!" Mom said laughing as Hiccup looks down and sees the Bewilderbeast jumping out the water and spitting out fish into the air for the dragons to eat. Valka laughs as Toothless and Ghostwing swoops down, catching lots of fish. A little while later Hiccup and I spread our maps out onto the ground to show mom all the places we discovered. "And from Dragon Island, I found this archipelago-" Hiccup said before stopping when he saw mom drawing a map in the snow. Toothless draws over it with an icicle and it sticks to his tongue. Mom takes us and the dragons in an updraft where the wind is strong enough for them to hover. Mom jumps from one dragon to another. 

"When I'm up here, I don't even feel the cold. I just feel..." mom said about not being cold. "...free." I finished since I didn't feel it either. "This is what it is to be a dragon, Hiccup." Mom said about being a dragon. "It's all well and good to call yourself a dragon. But can you fly?" Hiccup challenges as he jumps off Toothless gliding through the air with her flight suit. "Oh no. Toothless!" Hiccup said as Toothless wraps Hiccup protectively in his wings and they crash into the snow. "Man! We almost made it!" Hiccup said as Toothless sneezes. He then swipes his tail under him and trips him. Mom walks over and takes a good look at his flight suit. "Incredible. All this time, you took after me. And where was I? I'm so sorry, Hiccup. Can we start over? Will you give me another chance? I'll teach you everything I've learned for the past twenty years. Like..." She apologizes, upset for not being there.