Chapter 6

"All those years of the worst viking Berk has ever seen! Odin, it was rough! I almost gave up on you! All the while, you were holding out on me! OH, THOR ALMIGHTY! Ah. With you doing so well in the ring, we finally have something to talk about. Oh. I... brought you something. To keep you safe in the ring." dad said about the helmet from mom's armor. "Wow. Thanks." She says feeling accepted by her father. "Your mother would've wanted you to have it. Runa has her bow and arrows from your mother when she was younger. It's half of her breast plate. Matching set. Keep her close you know? Wear it proudly. You deserve it. You've held up your end of the deal." He says gesturing to his own helmet. "I should really get to bed" Hiccup said as he pretended to yawn as the two rambled on. 

"Yes!" dad agreed with Hiccup. "Good!" Hiccup said as he smiled. "Okay. Good talk." dad said as he tried to continue. "See you back at the house." Hiccup said about the house. "We should do this again." dad said smiling. "I'm great. Thanks for stopping by." Hiccup said, thanking dad for stopping to see him. "Glad I stopped by, I hope you uh, like the hat." dad said about the hat and stopped by before leaving the forge. "And thanks for the... breast hat." Hiccup muttered about the hat. 

The next morning, Tyvarr, the rest and I were ready to go back to the Dragon's Graveyard base we made. Hiccup came running to us just before we got our boat frightened beyond belief. Today was the day all the teens had been waiting for. Well, all but Hiccup. Today, the village elder, Gothi, would decide who will get the chance to kill the Monstrous Nightmare. "Runa, Runa," Hiccup called to us since the rest were getting ready for this test. I looked at the others and they nodded since they knew it was a private conversation between siblings. 

"What am I going to do about tomorrow? I can't kill a dragon and I couldn't kill the Night Fury when it was downed. What would dad do when it tries to come save me." Hiccup asked about tomorrow. "Think of a plan, Hiccup. That Night Fury you befriended will be the only key dad will use to get to the Dragon's nest. Better think fast for tomorrow will be the last time you'll find a way out." I said about the big test. "Wait, how do you know about the Night Fury?" Hiccup asked about the Night Fury. "You really think that what you've been doing is just something we didn't learn from secretly watching dragons. Lets face this, Hiccup. What you're doing is dangerous itself. Once dad knew that you've been learning how to train a dragon and not just a dragon but a Night Fury. He's gonna get mad about it. You better leave as soon as you can or dad will know." I said about dragon learning and dad knowing. 

Hiccup looked down since he knows I'm right. "Is that why you're leaving the day before the final test?" Hiccup asked about the test tomorrow. "Look, Hiccup. Dad lost his wife and we lost mom. Dad's been hard on both of us. more so on you because you remind him of mom. You were just a baby when it happened and the stories you grew up on. Those are just stories and it's better to grow up to face what we're either known for which is dragon hunting or go and create a base to protect those you love from other vikings." I said about mom, dad. And everything I've been doing. Hiccup knew that I lost mom when I was 10. "You're better suited to deal with dad than me. He doesn't pressure you into anything or to be perfect. I'm not meant to be the chief after dad." Hiccup said about dad and I. 

"That's because I'm like him in a way but he did pressure me too, Hiccup. All you need to do is to show him what you're doing is your way of completing the tasks he sets out for you. Now go to the arena because the person to get the final test is starting in less than 10 minutes." I said before Hiccup runs to the arena. "What are we going to do, Runa?" Boulout asked about what we were doing. "We're going to check on the dragon nest. I have a feeling that after tomorrow we'll be needed." I said since Hiccup will go to his Night Fury and Astrid will follow. "Our dragons?" Kuffnut asked about our dragon companions. "We'll bring them and most of us will hide with them until the time is right while the rest of us will wait for the rest of Berk." I said about the plan of attack. We left for the Dragons Nest before everyone else so we could have some aspect of how many dragons there were in the nest.