Chapter 17

I hugged dad's body for the last time. Dad is placed on a boat before the boat drifts out to sea as Gobber hands a bow and flaming arrow to Hiccup. Hiccup lit my arrow on with his as Gobber stands on the side, saying a few words before the boat is set on fire. "May the Valkyries welcome you, and lead you through Odin's great battlefield. May they sing your name with love and fury, so that we may hear it rise from the depths of Valhalla, and know that you've taken your rightful place at the table of kings. For a great man has fallen. A warrior. A chieftain. A father. A friend." Gobber said sadly as Hiccup and I shot our flaming arrows to light dad's ship. The others follow and shoot their flaming arrows, wiping their tears. 

I stared at the burning boat with anger and sadness. "I'm sorry, Dad. I'm not the chief that you wanted me to be. And I'm not the peacekeeper I thought I was." Hiccup muttered softly as mom stood besides us. "You came early into this world. You were such a wee thing. So frail, so fragile. I feared you wouldn't make it. But your father and Runa never doubted. Stoick always said you and Runa become the strongest of us all and he was right. Runa has the heart of a chief and you, Hiccup have the soul of a dragon. Only you can bring our worlds together. That is who you two are." Mom said about dad and Hiccup's birth. 

"I was so afraid of becoming like dad. Mostly because I thought I never could. How do you become someone that great? That brave? That selfless? I guess you can only try." Hiccup said about dad as he and I turned to face the others determined. "A chief protects their own. We're going back. For everyone!" I said about every person and Dragon at Berk. "Uh, with what?" Tuff asked about how we're getting back. "He took all the dragons." Ruff said about all the dragons that were with us. "Not all of them." I said smirking as Ghostwing called the babies who came since Ghostwing was the adult dragon around. Every dragon rider begins to fly back to Berk with baby Scuttleclaws except me. 

"Fly straight, will you?!" Ruff shouts annoyed by the baby dragon. "I don't want to die!" Fishlegs scream in fear. "We can't fly these things!" Tuff exclaims about flying. "Yeah, no kidding!" Astrid agrees with Tuffnut. Mom, Tyvarr, Boulout, Nuff, Kuff, and Ingenda all rode the baby dragons better than the others. "But won't that Bewilderbeast just take control of these guys, too? And why didn't Ghostwing get brainwashed." Snotlout asked about the babies and Ghostwing. "They're babies. They don't listen to anyone! Ghostwing is an alpha and one of the first of his species." I explained everything. "Yeah, just like us!" Tuff cheered about not listening to anyone. 

"This is...very dangerous! Some might suggest this is poorly conceived." Gobber said but kept getting cut off when he crashed into a wall. "Well, it's a good thing that Hiccup and I never listen." I said about never listening to dad. "So, what is your plan?" Gobber questions. "Get every dragon back and kick Drago's-" I said but was interrupted by a small iceberg that separates Hiccup and I from the others. "Heads up!" Gobber warns as we see an ice wall in the way. "And that thing." I warned them to fly upwards. Gobber misses my warning and crashes into the ice again. 

None P.O.V. Meanwhile, on Berk, the Alpha arrives taking control of all the dragons. The dragons follow the Alpha's command and join Drago's other dragons. "Your chief is dead! No one can protect you now." Drago informs as everyone in the village gasps. The Bewilderbeast starts blasting its ice everywhere in order to freeze Berk. 

Runa P.O.V. We reached Berk and realized that most of Berk was destroyed. "No..." Hiccup said quietly. "He took all the dragons!" Fishlegs informed us about every dragon Berk has. "Distract the Alpha. Try to keep his focus off of Toothless. Hiccup, come with me. We started this and now, we're finishing this. Right now!" I ordered everyone as Hiccup got on Ghostwing. "Uh... how?" Nuffnut asked, confused by the plan. "Have you forgotten who you're riding with? There isn't a dragon alive that I can't wrangle!" Eret said proudly about his dragon. His baby Scuttleclaw dives towards the ocean.