Chapter 18

"Never! Come on!" Drago said as he turned to the Alpha forcing it to fight. All the dragons continue shooting at the Bewilderbeast. "FIGHT!" Drago screams as Ghostwing and Toothless fire one last shot at the Bewilderbeast's face, breaking off one of his tusks. Ghostwing aggressively roars at it, and the Bewilderbeast bows in fear of him and Toothless. "The Alpha protects them all." I stated about an Alpha dragon. 

The Bewilderbeast dives back into the sea with Drago still on his back, and the Vikings cheer in victory. The dragons bow to Ghostwing and Toothless, the new Co-Alphas. Ghostwing and Toothless roars in victory, and the dragons join in. "You never cease to amaze me, Ghosty. Thank you." I said to Ghostwing as Toothless gives Hiccup his famous gummy smile before licking him causing him to groan. "Toothless! You know that doesn't wash out!" Hiccup said as the rest of the dragons flew back to their riders. "Stormwing! Stormfly!" Tyvarr and Astrid cheer, hugging them. "Oh, give me a cuddle, Grumpy!" Gobber said as Grump sat on him. 

"Who's my little princess?" Fishlegs said as Ruffnut holds her arms out to Fishlegs and Snotlout for a hug but they run past her to their dragons. "Don't you ever leave again, Hookfang/Sandfang!" the Lout brothers shouts for their dragons. "Oh, you are. You're my princess. Yes, you are. I missed you so much!" Fishlegs says cuddling with Meatlug. Barf nudges Ruff, happy to see her. "Oh, Barf!" She said as she hugged his head. Belch comes towards her waiting for his hug. "Not you." She pushes him away and Tuff hugs him. Soot and Smudge get hugged from Kuff and Nuff as Ingenda hugs Windshard. 

Eret came over to me with a blush and a light fidgety. "That was some pretty fine dragon wrangling back there. You'd make a good trapper." Eret said about me making a good trapper. "You make a good Dragon Rider." I said about Eret making a good Dragon Rider as Skullcrusher lands next to them. Skullcrusher softly roared at us in pain over the loss of a friend. "You know, Skullcrusher is gonna need somebody to look after him now." I said about Skullcrusher as I looked at Eret. "Me?" Eret asks as I nodded as confirmation. He looked at Skullcrusher before smiling at me. "I'd be honored." Eret said, touching his snout. "Your father... he'd be every bit as proud as I am." Mom said smiling about dad. 

"Thank you. I'm really glad you're here, Mom." I said about her being here. "And here I'll stay." Mom assures me as Hiccup walks up and hugs us. Astrid walked over to us and pulled Hiccup's back fin out. "See? I told you it was in here." she said laughing about it. "Ha, ha. Still doing that one? That's hilarious-" Hiccup said, laughing sarcastically. He is soon cut off when Astrid presses her lips against his. Gobber quickly covers a small boy's eyes. After pulling away, Gothi taps Hiccup's and my shoulders and gestures for us to kneel. 

She then uses some coal to draw the chief symbol on Hiccup's and my foreheads. "The Co-Chiefs have come home!" Gobber informs, causing all the vikings to cheer. "Long live Chieftess Runa! Long live Chief Hiccup! Long live the Chiefs! Long live the Chiefs! Long live the Chiefs!" the villagers cheered as the dragons fired into the sky creating fireworks. The riders decide to have another dragon race whilst Ghostwing and I help repair a house in the village. "So Chieftess Runa, what's going to be your first thing as Chieftess." Eret asked me about the first thing that Hiccup and I would do. "One thing." I said about one thing that I was thinking of. "What would that..." Eret said but I cut him off by kissing him and everyone cheered. 

"This... is Berk. A bit trampled and busted and covered in ice, but it's home. It's our home." Hiccup said about Berk once more. Some of the Vikings are working on a giant statue of Stoick. "Those who attacked us are relentless and crazy. But those who stopped them? Oh, even more so!" Astrid swoops past Hiccup on Stormfly laughing. Hiccup and Toothless decide to join them. "We may be small in numbers, but we stand for something bigger than anything the world can pit against us." Valka and Gobber remove the armor from the dragons that Drago had captured. "We are the voice of peace. And bit by bit, we will change this world." Gobber stops taking the armor off for a minute before firing the black sheep into the air. Astrid and Stormfly get ready to catch it but Snotlout and Hookfang beat her to it.