Chapter 13

"Look Hiccup, what dad said is true. You can't change everyone's mind, even the deranged ones." Runa said to Hiccup about changing minds. "But I have to and it's to stop a war that could kill dragons." Hiccup said to his sister who shook her head again before they see a person flying. "That's the person with the Bewilderbeast." Runa said as Hiccup looked at her before looking back to the person who flew higher and they saw that they're riding a dragon. Hiccup and Toothless try to fly away but Hiccup gets snatched by a dragon and Toothless falls. 

"Toothless!" Hiccup calls but Runa jumps and got to Toothless before he falls through the ice and Ghostwing follows Hiccup and the dragon that took him. "HEY! YOU LEFT MY DRAGON BACK THERE! HE CAN'T FLY ON HIS OWN!" Hiccup screamed at the person as they landed. Many dragons begin to surround him. Ghostwing lands in front of Hiccup and roars at the other dragons who backed off as Hiccup pulls out his inferno and waves it around. He then makes a circle of gas and ignites it. He walks towards a dragon and extends his arm trying to gain its trust. The person begins to walk towards him. "Who are you? The Dragon Thief? Drago Bludvist? Do you even understand what I'm saying?" Hiccup asked the person questions as Runa and Toothless landed on the other side of him. 

Runa got out her bow and arrow in case there was an incoming fight. "Toothless! It's okay. I'm glad to see you, too, bud. You really made me worried there." Hiccup said, hugging him before being hit over the head by his sister. "Don't ever do that again. You hear me and now Gobber and dad are coming to find us." Runa said angrily. The person orders the dragons to light the place, approaches Toothless and Ghostwing and puts them to sleep, then walks closer to Hiccup and Runa. Hiccup gets nervous and turns his head away a little, revealing the scar on his chin. The person instantly recognizes it and traces the scar on his face. "Hiccup? Could it be? After all these years? How is this possible?" The person said as they took off their helmet. 

"Uh, should I... should I know you?" Hiccup asked as he looked at mom. "No. You were only a babe... But a mother never forgets." Mom said about a mother never forgetting their child's face and Hiccup freezes with eyes widened in shock. Hiccup looked at me in confusion about what to do. "Come..." She whispers with a smile. Stoick and Gobber fly through a small storm looking for Hiccup, Runa, Ghostwing, and Toothless. "Boar-headed! Just like his mother and sister! He could never stay put either." Stoick complains about his kids and wife. "Ah, they're just twenty and twenty-six. And Vikings. I mean, could there be a worse combination? Ha! When I think of how stubborn and senseless you were back in the day... well, not much has changed, actually." Gobber reminds him. 

"You know what Hiccup's like. He won't give up, Gobber. And if Hiccup finds Drago with Runa, before we find Hiccup and Runa... " Stoick said about finding Runa, Hiccup and Drago. "Nah! Nothing can hurt Hiccup so long as that Night Fury's around. It's a Night Fury! While Runa and Night Nadder are a deadlier force than Night Fury and Viking." Gobber said about Hiccup, Runa, Ghostwing, and Toothless. Stoick sees Hiccup's helmet floating in the water where Toothless fell. He flies towards it and grabs it. He puts the helmet in front of Skullcrusher's nose. "Find them, Skullcrusher. Find them." Stoick said to Skullcrusher about his kids. Skullcrusher sniffs the helmet and roars flying towards where they are. 

Valka leads Hiccup and Runa through a bunch of rock caves. "Hold on! Wait just a minute!" Hiccup said to mom, confused by why Valka is here. "This way." Valka guides us through the rocks. "Come back here! Come." She demanded as Runa and Hiccup followed her through. "You can't just say something like that and run off! You're our mother?! I mean, what the- do you even know how insane it sounds?!" Hiccup said to Valka about her actions for the past twenty or so years. Valka goes through an opening, leading to her dragon sanctuary. Hiccup tries to follow but struggles to get up, Toothless helps him giving him a boost but Runa could get up with ease even with a missing leg.