Chapter 24

The Light Fury steps onto Toothless' drawing, making him growl. The Light Fury growls back at him, and Toothless drops the branch from his mouth. The Light Fury walks around the drawing towards Toothless, and they stare at each other for a while. The Light Fury and Light Nadder walk away and take off, telling Toothless and Ghostwing to follow them. The Light Fury and Light Nadder hovers in the air and notices Hiccup and I on the cliff, and they quickly flies away. Toothless tries to fly after the Light Fury but falls into the water. Toothless looks at his tail and splashes it into the water in anger as Ghostwing watches Toothless in glee. 

After Toothless, Hiccup, Ghostwing and I get back to the village as Hiccup instantly gets to work on a new prosthetic tail fin. I saw Astrid go to where Hiccup went and would see his diagram of the new tail fin. After I laid down on my bed and then heard Gobber scream from the forge. "Great!" I muttered as I got back up and went outside to see Toothless moving his prosthetic tail fin on. "Please, this is not helping." Hiccup said to Toothless as Eret comes from behind me and hugs me. "Well, someone's excited." Eret said, smiling about Toothless. 

"Well, he's fresh off his first date with the Light Fury. Ghostwing from his as well with the Light Nadder. Now they're love crazed." I said about the two loved-struck by their female counterparts. "Only we're the ones going crazy. The sooner they bring back that Light Fury and Light Nadder, the better." Gobber stated that Ghostwing and Toothless bring back the Light Nadder and Light Fury. "Yeah, but to do that, he'll need to fly without me. So, time to give this new and improved baby a shot." Hiccup said about Toothless flying without Hiccup's help now.

Hiccup finishes adjusting the tails and Toothless expands the tail, smiling. "Atta boy! Looking sharp, Toothless. So, what do you think, bud? Bring her home by sundown at the latest." Hiccup said, imitating our father at the end. Toothless nuzzles his head into Hiccup, giving him a hug and continuously licks him as Ghostwing nudges me in the head softly as well. "Save it for your girlfriend! Go on, get out of here!" I said to him about the Light Nadder. Toothless and Ghostwing run off but stop, turn around and look at Hiccup and I. 

"It's okay." I assure Toothless and Ghostwing who gives us a gummy smile and then flies off. We watch them as they fly away and sigh. After a long day of working on New Berk, the Berkians decide to have a party to celebrate. "To the Chiefs! To the Chiefs!" The Vikings cheer as they lift up their cups. 2 groups of the vikings decide to throw Hiccup and I up in the air. "Yeah, okay, guys! Could you please put me down?" I asked but the Vikings ignored me and continued throwing Hiccup and I up and down. "Okay, now I'm just getting sick! Okay. Ha Ha." Hiccup said as the vikings put us down and he walked over to Astrid holding on to her about to be sick. "You know, I thought you were a little off your raw for this but it isn't half bad." Gobber said, walking over and giving him a hug. 

"This is supposed to be a temporary solution." I said about it as Hiccup agreed. "It's unanimous." Eret said about it being a unanimous vote. "Everyone agrees we've definitely traded up." Mom said about the trade up and Hiccup nervously laughs in nervousness. "What if the tail broke? What if Grimmel found him? What if he needs me? What if-" Hiccup asked questions about Grimmel and Toothless. "He has Ghostwing with him and he'll be fine." I said about Ghostwing and Toothless while cutting Hiccup off. "How would I know? They never come around. And when they do, they're always rushing off. I'm saying how... how do we know if they're right for us?" Hiccup asked about the Light Fury and Light Nadder. "Us?" Gobber asked, confused with mom and Eret. 

"You know what I mean. They're so wild and skittish. I'm just gonna say it, I don't trust them." Hiccup asked about the two being skittish and wild. "Can't tame them all, Hiccup. One day, you'll have to snip those apron strings and let Toothless stretch his wings. Reminds me of a talk I had with Stoick about you." Gobber said about Hiccup taming every dragon. Gobber screams when he sees a bunch of Hobgobblers sitting and staring at him. "Where do they keep coming from?!" He asked as he quickly hid inside a hut. "Who?" I asked as Eret and I looked around. Gobber points at the Hobgobblers. "Those creepy Hobgobblers." Gobber asked about the Hobgobblers.