Chapter 3

"So am I!" Gobber said, not joking with his friend. "He'd be killed before the first dragon is out of its cage," Stoick said, making Gobber roll his eyes. "Oh, ya don't know that." Gobber said about knowing if Hiccup will die or not. "I do know, actually," Stoick said with frustration and sadness for Hiccup. "No, you actually don't." Gobber said once more to Stoick. "No, I do." Stoick said again to convince his friend about it. "No, you don't!" Gobber firmly said, Stoick sighing as he rises. "Listen. You know what he's like. From the time he could crawl he's been... Different. He doesn't listen, he has the attention span of a sparrow. I take him fishing and he goes hunting for... For trolls!" Stoick said about Hiccup as Gobber drinks his drink, nearly choking as his rock tooth slips out and into his drink. 

"Trolls exist! They steal your socks. But only the left ones... What's with that?" Gobber said, pointing with his mug. "When I was a boy..." Stoick said starting his story. "Oh, here we go," Gobber said as he sighs, looking for his tooth. "... My father told me to bang my head against a rock. And I did it! I thought it was crazy, but I didn't question him. And you know what happened?" Stoick said as Gobber drinks his drink, finding his tooth in the process. "You got a headache," Gobber sarcastically said, using his mug to hammer his tooth in. "That rock split in two. It taught me what a Viking could do, Gobber. He could crush mountains, level forests, tame seas!" Stoick said, clenches his fists with a grin before his smile falls as he sighs, walking back to Gobber. 

"Even as a boy, I knew what I was, what I had to become. Hiccup is not that boy." he said about Hiccup as he sat down, shaking his head. "" Gobber was silent for a moment. "You can't stop him, Stoick. You can only prepare him. You prepared Runa the best you could for her but she did it her own way. Not yours but her own and you were proud of her to do that. Hiccup looks up to you and Runa since you're both older than him and he needs your acceptance that Runa got when she was Hiccup's age." Gobber said about the Haddock family as Stoick looked up, processing his words. 

Stoick knew that all too well that his friend said was true. "I know it seems hopeless, but the truth is you won't always be around to protect him. He's going to get out there again. He's probably out there now!" Gobber said about Hiccup being outside as Stoick grunts softly and looks away, sighing. "He's not like his sister, Gobber. I'm trying to keep him safe since I lost his mother and I couldn't train Runa enough since she left to have her space with her friends at a base she set up." Stoick said about his children. "Ya can't blame yourself for Runa's actions. She did what you taught her and you and I both know she'll be a great Chieftess like Valka was." Gobber said about Runa and Valka. "I know that Gobber." Stoick said as he was worried that a dragon would also do something to his only daughter. 

Runa P.O.V. Nuffnut, Kuffnut, Boulout, Ingenda, Tyvarr and I were training against a Gronckle when Astrid, Hiccup, Tuffnut, Ruffnut, Snotlout, and Fishlegs came in with Gobber to do Dragon Training. "Welcome to Dragon Training where the best Dragon hunting Vikings come to train like your siblings." Gobber told them about the training and learning of Dragon Hunting. When the Gronckle got into the position that I wanted it. "Shield!" I called to Tyvarr, Boulout and Nuffnut got into their spots as Kuffnut and I ran and hit the Gronckle back into its cage. "WHOA!" our siblings said when they watched us. "No turning back." Gobber said to the younger ones about turning back. "I hope I get some serious burns," Tuffnut said as he grins and fist bumps the air. "I'm hoping for some mauling. Like on my shoulder or lower back." Ruffnut shrugs as she walks.  

"Yeah, it's only fun if you get a scar out of it." Astrid agrees, shrugging. "Pain. Love it," Hiccup sarcastically agreed as I rolled my eyes. "No you don't Hiccup. You don't do well with pain like the rest of us." I said of his pain tolerance. "Oh, great. Who let him in?" Tuffnut whines about Hiccup. "Let's get started!" Gobber interrupts as Nuffnut, Kuffnut, Boulout, Ingenda, Tyvarr and I get out of the ring and look through the top of the arena. "The recruit that does best will win the honor of killing his first dragon in front of the entire village." he said as he twisted his hook down in a jerked motion as Hiccup flinched. "Hiccup already killed a Night Fury, so does that disqualify him, or...?" Snotlout questions, making the others laugh. "I like to see you try and fight a dragon, Snotlout. Or are you too scared to fight one!" Boulout called his brother about fighting his own dragon.