Chapter 7

"Hiccup, your final exam is tomorrow. You know you'll have to kill a... kill a dragon" Astrid whispers the last part in Hiccup's ear so that Toothless wouldn't hear. "Don't remind me." Hiccup said sadly since his dad will know soon that he was learning about dragons. All of a sudden Toothless' eyes turn into slits. He flies down through the mist dodging various dragons. "Toothless, what's happening? Whoa, what is it?" Hiccup asks as he and Astrid find themselves in the middle of a flock of dragons who are carrying food towards an island. 

"Get down!" Hiccup whispers to Astrid as they look around to the other dragons. "What's going on?" Astrid asks, confused as a dragon roared at them. "I don't know. Toothless. You've got to get us out of here, bud." Hiccup said to Toothless who ignored him and continued flying towards the island. "It looks like they're hauling in their kills." Hiccup said about their hauling kills. "Uh, What does that make us?" Astrid asked about them being soon to be killed. They notice a boat on the beach with six figures closer to the volcano. "What are our siblings doing here?" Astrid asked when they saw the group on the banks of the volcano. 

"I don't know, Astrid." Hiccup said confused as well when the group looked up at them. They approach the island and fly into a volcano. "What my dad wouldn't give to find this." Hiccup states as they fly in they see that the dragons drop their offerings into the lava below. "It's satisfying to know that all of our food has been dumped down a hole." Hiccup says sarcastically about the food they took. "They're not eating any of it." Astrid adds as a Gronckle drops a single tiny fish into the hole. A roar is heard from below and the Gronckle squeals in terror as something big seizes it. "What... is that?" Astrid asks as a colossal dragon emerges from the lava pit and eats the Gronckle alive. 

All the other dragons cower in terror before the giant creature. "Alright, buddy, we gotta get out of here. Now!" Hiccup said as Toothless escapes and all the other dragons flee. The Red Death lunges at Toothless but grabs a Zippleback instead. Toothless flies away and lands back in the cove. "No, it totally makes sense. It's like a giant beehive. They're the workers, and that's their queen. It controls them. Let's find your dad." Astrid said about Hiccup's dad. "No, no! Not yet. They'll... kill Toothless. Astrid, we have to think this through carefully." Hiccup said about them killing "Hiccup, we just discovered the Dragons' Nest. The thing we've been after since vikings first sailed here. And you want to keep it a secret?! To protect your pet dragon?! Are you serious?!" Astrid said about what they just found and not telling his dad. "Yes." Hiccup said about not wanting to tell anyone. 

"Okay. Then what do we do?" Astrid said about what to do. "Just give me until tomorrow. I'll figure something out." Hiccup said about a plan for tomorrow. "Okay." Astrid said before randomly punching Hiccup in his arm. Hiccup looked at Astrid about the punch. "That's for kidnapping me. That's for... everything else." She said before quickly kissing him on the cheek and quickly running away. Hiccup stands there in shock before Toothless walks over to him smiling. "What are you looking at?" Hiccup said to Toothless about the stare he got from the dragon. 

All the vikings stood around the arena listening to Stoick's speech and getting ready to watch Hiccup kill the Monstrous Nightmare. "Well, I can show my face in public again! If someone had told me that in just a few short weeks, Hiccup would go from being, well... Hiccup, to place first in Dragon Training like his sister... Well, I would've tied that person to a mast and shipped him off for fear he'd gone mad. Yes! And you know it! But here we are. And no one's more surprized... or more proud than I am. Today, my boy became a viking. TODAY, HE BECOMES ONE OF US!" Stoick said about Hiccup and Runa. Everyone cheers after Stoick finishes his speech. "Be careful with that dragon." Hiccup tells Hiccup. Hiccup glances up at his father who is walking to his seat. "It's not the dragon I'm worried about." Stoick said not to worry about the dragon. "What are you gonna do?" Astrid asked Hiccup about what he's doing.