Chapter 8

"You've thrown your lot in with them. You're not a viking. You're not my son." Dad said to Hiccup as he pulled me with him. Dad handcuffed me to the mast and everyone was giving us worried looks since not only did Hiccup fail in the test but I had showed up with a dragon. I saw Astrid and hiccup on the cliff overlooking the boats that were going to the nest. We were at the wall of mist that covered the way to the volcano when dad looked at me. 

"Sound your positions. Stay within earshot." Dad commands whilst looking for the nest and Gobber walks up to dad . "Listen... Stoick... I was overhearing some of the men just now and, well, some of them are wondering what it is we're up to here- not me of course, I know you're always the man with the plan- but some, not me, are wondering if there is in fact a plan at all, and what it might be? And hitting Runa, I feel that wasn't the best decision since people are listening to her." Gobber asked dad about everything. "Find the nest and take it." Stoick replies about the nest. "Ah. Of course. Send them running. The old viking fallback. Nice and simple." Gobber said about dad's plan. Dad looked into the mist still as we entered the mist. 

"You need to tell me the path you and the others take to the nest, Runa." dad demanded from me. "Or what, dad. Gonna disown me like you did Hiccup. There's always a reason why you don't trust dragons. One of them being how you thought mom died by a dragon." I told about his reasons. "She was killed by a dragon, Runa. saving you and Hiccup." Dad roared about mom's death. "She didn't die that day. I was there, protecting Hiccup when a dragon came into the house. Mom came back to the house before you. Guess what she saw a dragon looking at her kids, cooing at them. Like a mother would to their babies." I shouted at him which invoked him to slap me and that caused several gasps. 

"You are one of the best Haddock vikings in the whole Archipelago. People feared your name like they do mine.'" Dad shouted at me more. He turned around and nodded to a viking to go into the mist every ship went in as well. Then I felt the rope that held my arms together loosen like they were cut and I looked behind me, seeing Spitelout had cut them. "Go! Before your father notices." Spitelout whispered about dad and pointed out that there was a dragon head, Thunderwhip, that was beside the boat. I shook off the rope, running and jumping into the water. "Stop her!" Dad shouted at some of the vikings close to the edge of the boat but none of them could. 

Thunderwhip caught me and swam to where the others were and left the ships behind. "What happened?" Nuffnut asked about what happened since Ghostwing and Toothless came without me. "Dad found out about Hiccup and I. Now he's on his way here with the entire village after handcuffing me to the mast." I said about dad, Berkian vikings, Hiccup and I. "How did he find out about Hiccup? And how did you get out?" Boulout asked, confused about dad finding out and how I got out. "The weird thing is, Boulout. Your dad cut me out before pointing to Thunderwhip." I commented about Spitelout and Thunderwhip. "That is weird." Tyvarr said confused about it as well. "But we need to hide until whatever is in there." I said about the plan to be revised. 

None P.O.V. Back in Berk, Hiccup gathers all the teens into the arena. "If you're planning on getting eaten, I'd definitely go with the Gronckle." Fishlegs stated about being eaten by a Gronckle. "You were wise to seek help from the world's most deadly weapon. That's me." Tuffnut said smirking about being a deadly weapon. "Uh..." Hiccup starts, unsure what he was doing. "I love this plan!" Ruff said about it and rolled his eyes. "You're crazy! I like that..." Snotlout says trying to flirt with Ruffnut. Astrid pushes him out of the way. "So? What is the plan?" She asked about the plan. "Well I started to think about what Runa and the others were doing in secret at the Dragon's Graveyard." Hiccup said about their siblings. "What do you mean the others were doing in secret?" Fishlegs asked as he was confused by Hiccup's comment.