Chapter 4

"And that's six! Go back to bed, ya overgrown sausage! You'll get another chance, don't you worry." Gobber said, putting the Gronckle back into its cage before Gobber turned to Hiccup. Hiccup then looked to the crew and I as I shook my head in disappointment. "Remember, a dragon will always- always -go for the kill." Gobber said as Hiccup looked back at where the Gronckle had fired. That night, everyone still in Berk except Hiccup were all eating in the great hall and on two different tables since we were the only ones there in Berk. 

"Alright. Where did Astrid go wrong in the ring today?" Gobber asked about Astrid doing something wrong. "I mistimed my somersault dive. It was sloppy. It threw off my reverse tumble." Astrid replies in anger. "Yeah, we noticed." Ruff said sarcastically about noticing Astrid's actions. "No, no, you were great. That was so Astrid" Snotlout tells her, trying to flirt with her. "She's right, you have to be tough on yourselves." Gobber informs them. 

Hiccup walks into the Great Hall soaking wet from the rain outside. "Where did Hiccup go wrong?" Gobber asks about Hiccup as he picks up his food and walks to an empty table away from everyone else. "Uh, he showed up?" Ruff starts about derating Hiccup. "He didn't get eaten." Tuff added on his sister's comment. "He's never where he should be." Astrid said as he looked at him annoyed. Hiccup looks down in sadness and picks at his food. "Thank you, Astrid. You need to live and breathe this stuff. The Dragon Manual. Everything we know about every dragon we know of." Gobber said, pulling out a book and placing it on the table. Outside the thunder roars and lightning cracking. 

"No attacks tonight. Study up." Gobber said about the weather and the dragon attacks. "Wait, you mean, read?" Tuff asked shocked about reading a book. "While we're still alive?" Ruff asks with a similar tone. "Why read words when you can just kill the stuff the words tell you stuff about?" Snotlout said about doing things rather than reading. "Oh! I've read it like, seven times. There's this water dragon that sprays boiling water at your face. And- And there's this one that buries itself for like a week-" Fishlegs said enthusiastically and with glee. "Yeah, that sounds great," Tuff says, cutting him off. "You guys read, I'll go kill stuff." Snotlout says leaving the Great Hall. Ruff, Tuff and Astrid follow him. 

Fishlegs follows them whilst talking about the different dragons in the book. "Oh, And there's this other one that has these spines that look like trees...I guess we'll share?" Hiccup said to Astrid about the book. "Read it." Astrid said before pushing the book away and left with the others. "All mine then. Wow, ok. So, I'll see you uh..." Hiccup said sadly about not impressing her. "Just read the book, Hiccup before coming home." I said to Hiccup before leaving with Nuffnut, Kuffnut, Ingenda, Tyvarr and Boulout. 

None P.O.V. The door slams shut leaving Hiccup alone in the Great Hall. Hiccup sits down with two candles beside him and starts reading the book of dragons. "Dragon classifications. Strike Class. Fear Class. Mystery Class. Thunderdrum. This reclusive dragon inhabits sea caves and dark tide pools. When startled, the Thunderdrum produces a concussive sound that can kill a man at close range. Extremely dangerous, kill on sight. Scauldron. Sprays scalding water at its victim. Extremely dangerous. Changewing. Even newly hatched dragons can spray acid. Kill on sight. Gronckle, Zippleback, The Skrill, Boneknapper, Whispering Death. Burns its victims, buries its victims, chokes its victims, turns its victims inside-out. Extremely dangerous, extremely dangerous, kill on sight, kill on sight, kill on sight." Hiccup mutters as he flips to the Night Fury page. No information or picture is shown on the page. "Night Fury. Speed, unknown. Size, unknown. The unholy offspring of lightening and death itself. Never engage this dragon. Your only chance, hide and pray it does not find you." Hiccup said about the Night Fury. He takes out the sketchbook and opens it to the Night Fury drawing.