Chapter 28

At Snoggletog, the greatest time of the year. The lights, the hunting songs, the holiday shopping, the yaknog shooters. The only thing missing was...dragons. It's been ten years since vikings and dragons agreed to live apart. But that doesn't mean we've forgotten our flying friends. Astrid is decorating the house for Snoggletog whilst Hiccup is telling their son Nuffink a story. "And the best part of all of it, Nuffink, was on Snoggletog Eve." Hiccup said about the Snoggletog Eve. "Yeah?" Nuffink said excited about hearing the rest of the story. "I would make Toothless his favourite meal." Hiccup said about making Toothless his favourite meal of fish. 

"What was it?" He asked confused about what Toothless likes. "Lake trout." Hiccup said about the lake trout. "Yeah." Nuffink said wanting more information. "With a side of sea trout." Hiccup continued before being cut off. "Yeah." Nuffink said as Hiccup laughed at his son's excitement. "On a bed of brook trout." Hiccup said about the last of the trout. "We all like trout." Nuffink said laughing about liking Trout. "Even though he's gone, I still make it for him. A lot of families do stuff like this, it keeps our loved ones in our hearts even though they are far away. So, you wanna help me catch some fish?" Hiccup asked to pick him up. "Good on you, we're going to feed Toothless. I don't need a fishing pole mom, I'll just butt the fish with my head." Nuffink said about hitting the fish with his head. 

He jumps down from Hiccup's arms and runs into the fireplace, hitting his head. "Ow, Ow! Haha." He said as he moved some of his brown hair out the way and did it again. "Come on Nuffink, let's get Toothless his snack." Hiccup said as he led his son outside. We were excited about making a traditional dragon feast And then it hit Hiccup. He opens the door and a log hits him, making him crash into the snow. Astrid rushes out to see if he's okay and laughs once she sees him brushing the snow off his face and clothes with his sister, brother-in-law, niece and nephew on the ground laughing from seeing Hiccup on the ground. Not everyone was on board. Zephyr, Hiccup and Astrid's young daughter comes out of her hiding place and laughs. "Haha! Yes, it works!" She cheered about the trap. 

Nuffink swings on the log and Hiccup lifts him up, setting him down on the ground. "Zephyr, what are you doing?" Hiccup asked about what she's doing in the log. "Looks to me she was probably pranking you." Runa said as Eret and their kids got up from the ground. "No! I'm testing my dragon defence system. You and all the grown ups in New Berk are leaving them snacks. What if one shows up?" Zephyr said about leaving fish around the place and her dragon defence system. "That would be great, we love dragons!" Astrid said smiling about getting the dragons to return. "Why?! They're monsters!" Zephyr said as she sat on the bed with the Book of Dragons in her hands, flipping through the pages that show violent dragons, killing vikings. "Oh...uh..." Hiccup and Astrid said as they stared at each other wide eyes not knowing what to say. 

"I found this book in the attic, it was grandpa's. How come you never told us the truth about dragons?" Zephyr asks, placing the book on the bed. "We did, dragons are wonderful. They're our friends." Hiccup tries to explain. "Tell me this, are they giant?" She asked about the dragons being giant. "Well, yeah." Hiccup nodded, confused by her comment. "Razor sharp teeth?" Zephyr asked again about the teeth. "Umm..." Astrid said looked at Runa and Eret for help. "Breathe fire?" Nuffink asked about the fire breathing. "I suppose so." Runa said confused about it, "Claws?" Zephyr said about claws. "That would be a yes." Eret said as Eret II and Freya looked like puppies tilting their heads. 

"What happened to your leg?" Nuffink asked as he pointed to Runa's leg. "Well, This was an accident and it was no big deal. I would have gotten something with it." Runa said about the "That's what I thought! Maybe we shouldn't leave fish snacks around to attract them, because you know who doesn't want to be a dragon dessert? Me." Zephyr said about getting to be a dragon dessert as she gets up and walks over to Nuffink. She wanted to scare Nuffink with many things like dragons like dad would with Hiccup. "Nuffink, do you want to be a dessert for a dragon?" She asked Nuffink about being food to the dragons.