This Was The Year (2) - Cha Eun Woo

Long chapter ahead

Please read part one under the same title here 

----

The tension was so thick that anyone could cut it

The tension was so thick that anyone could cut it. Everyone in the room is focusing on Su Jin who was holding the stick, ready to aim the ball. Meanwhile on the other side of the table, Eun Woo was anxiously watching her aim -hoping it wouldn't make it to the hole. Slowly, she pushed her elbow backward before she gave a powerful hit that made the white ball bounce the black ball to the hole.

"Go, Kyung Su Jin!"

"Holy shit, she's so good at billiards!"

"You got one strong arm, Su Jin!"

"Yes! We won the bet!!"

Everyone in the room cheered at the winning team. Su Jin excitedly jumped around, joining the hype while receiving proud pats on her shoulders.

Min Jae shook his head in disbelief before turning to Eun Woo who put his stick on top of the board.

"Can't believe you finally lost to someone."

Eun Woo gave a light scoff before turning to the winning side. "Who would have guessed she has the skill."

"You don't look disappointed."

"It was just a game."

"And my money," he added with a slumping shoulder.

"Who told you to bet?" he shook his head in disbelief and chose to leave his friend as he walked towards the opposite side. All eyes were on him who was approaching and it stopped her from celebrating. "Good game, Su Jin." he raised his hand.

Su Jin looked at it for a moment before she gave him the high five. "Good game too, Sunbae."

The other employees were looking at each other, knowing that one year after Su Jin joined the company, Eun Woo had acted differently. He looked cautious, careful but looked the most familiar with her rather than anyone else. Sure he had admirers in the company who couldn't resist his striking visual and humble personality. Even so, Su Jin looked like anything that charmed the others didn't affect her at all.

After one year passed, Su Jin was still the youngest of the company since they didn't hire any more fresh grad like her. She loved her job and within a short amount of time, she was trusted to handle a couple of big projects that gave her lots of experiences. By that time, the fact that she was in the same company as her ex-lovers didn't bother her anymore. Like today, she would actually agree to go against Eun Woo, who she knew was good at billiards. What he didn't know was that she also took interest in it too when she was in college.

The lunch break finally came to an end and everyone was back to their own separate desk and to work. Su Jin was tidying the billiard stick when Min Jae approached her.