Stay Where We Are - Cha Eun Woo

The snow-covered street doesn't bother her fast steps

The snow-covered street doesn't bother her fast steps. She skips effortlessly, avoiding the slippery road. She can move even faster if only she doesn't bring the heavy backpack with her. How her breath fogs up and the cold weather biting in every inch of her body makes her fasten her pace. As she arrives in front of the door, she takes her moment to think.

Old password? It couldn't be...

With a lot of hesitation, she pushes the numbers that she already remembers. The door beeps and soon the door is unlocked. She gasps in surprise at the opening door, staring at it like she just cast some kind of magic on it. Without waiting any longer, she pushes the door wider and enter the front yard of the house.

On the other hand, there is only room of the house that illuminated with the light. The sounds of the fingers dancing on top of the keyboard fill the room. Sometimes few humming escapes from his lips along with head bobbing up and down, following the music rhythm from his headphone. He wrinkles his nose when some tune doesn't match his taste so he changes it.

When he is about to type something on his computer, he stops as he feels another presence. His attention goes to his computer screen where he can see the reflection on his back.

"Hi."

She casually stands on his door, wiggling her long fingers as she playfully greets him. He abruptly stands up as he tears his headphones away. Still cannot believe his eyes, he blinks several times just to make sure he's not seeing things.

"I'm going to stay here." She grins, showing her side with the heavy backpack still on her back. "Do you have hot chocolate? It's so freezing out there."

He finally can move his foots when she turns around, heading to his kitchen. Like she owns the house, she opens the kitchen cabinets, searching. When she is about to open the fridge, he marches his steps and pushed the fridge back close.

"Jung Min Jung," he breathes out, making her turns at him with his hand still pinning on the fridge. She blinks up at his disturbs face.

She rolls her eyes, "Song Min Jung." She corrects him.

He narrows his eyes down at her, silently saying that is not the important thing that he minds it now. "Why are you here?"

"They are fighting again. This time is—" she shakes her head as she demonstrates a big blow up by making noises with her mouth. "I don't want to be in the middle of the war."

He knows about her parent's divorce issues. Her choice to live with her dad and his mistress is not getting any better by years. On the other hand, she knows she can live miserably if she chose to live with her unemployed mother. She just doesn't want to be a burden for her by giving her the responsibility to provide her life.

"But, why are you here?" he repeats the question.

"Does it obvious that I run to my friend for comfort?" she grins playfully at him. "Your house is comfortable."