Honest Theory - Nam Joo Hyuk

Her freshly dyed light brown hair shone under the sunlight through the window

Her freshly dyed light brown hair shone under the sunlight through the window. Those fingertips tucked strand hair behind her ears quickly as her eyes scanned the room in worry. She didn't feel the pain anymore as she bit unto her lower lips as her mind was too focus on someting.

"Ji Ha Yoon,"

The deep scary voice that sounded so familiar made her jump in surprise. She quickly covered her mouth, preventing to let out a loud shriek and quickly straightened up her body.

"What are you doing?" her older brother, Ji Soo narrowed his eyes in suspicious. He tried to follow her eyes direction towards the kitchen but found nothing.

Ha Yoon quickly shook her head, her hands holding unto her bag strap across her body. "Nothing." she shrugged, tried to look careless and finally made her way to the kitchen where the breakfast already served by their mom.

She finally got to calm down once she didn't see any of another presence for the next 10 minutes. It was just her, her brother and their mother who was still busy preparing another side dish. With lightheart, she munched down her food. She was so ready for today since this would be the first day she entered the new semester of her university life. She had prepared everything. Her stuff, study, clothes and even her heart. However, she didn't expect that one, that something she just found out a month ago.

"Joo Hyuk!"

At the name, she immediately felt malfunction. Her spoon stop just in front of her lips, her brain went blank and her heart pounded so hard in her chest that it might burst any minute.

She cursed how Ji Soo casually moved to another chair and gave out the empty spot which happened across from her, to the tall guy who seeemed just awake from his dreamland. Nam Joo Hyuk, just sat across from her this early morning was a definitely not a good sight. Well, it would be a good sight if only she could control her heart and moreover her thoughts for not being so madly crush on him.

"Good morning, Mom." Joo Hyuk greeted their mother with his hoarse voice which made Ji Soo immediately pour out a glass of water in front of him, like a loyal girlfriend would be. Mrs. Ji greeted back with wide smile and proceed to her task. Meanwhile on Ha Yoon's place, she had hard time just to breath properly.

It had been a month Nam Joo Hyuk decided to stay in their house. How his mother was so close to Mrs. Ji since they were in college made both children from the families know each other since they were in diapers. Ji Soo and Joo Hyuk were both in the same age. Meanwhile, Ha Yoon's birth was not expected. Nonethless, she was still the best gift and addition to the family after Ji Soo being the only son for 8 years.

Being the youngest one always made her feel pampered. Ji Soo was not the type who talked sweet and shows his care. They bickered and fought a lot which become love and hate kind of relationship. It was different with Ji Soo's best friend, Joo Hyuk. Even though he always joined Ji Soo in terms of teasing and playing with her, he was always the most caring one. He stopped Ji Soo when he was too carried away. He was the one who comforted her when she cried. In sum of all, Joo Hyuk was always the older brother figure she hoped for.