Change - Woo Do Hwan

“Hey!”

“No smoking on my property, Woo Do Hwan!”

The newly lit up cigarettes successfully landed on the asphalt before she stomped on. Biting his lower lip, he narrowed his eyes at her but didn’t do anything about it. It was probably the umpteenth time she did this and that was also his bad choice for smoking in front of her house. 

With the same equal annoyed face, she gestured him to follow her inside. He sighed and dusted his pants as he tailed her.

“Don’t make it habit.”

He shrugged. “I just need my lips to be occupied.”

“Then eat something like gum or anything else.”

“I don’t have sweet tooth. Unlike someone.”

Her doe eyes widened at this, “Are you implying that I’m fat?”

At this, he rolled his eyes and smirked. “Your words, not mine.”

She threw anything nearest which happened to be the Cheetos. However at her poor throw, Do Hwan effortlessly caught and eat it. He didn’t forget to gave her a playful wink which drove her annoyed even more.

Deciding it was best for her to continue what she did, she went back to the kitchen and put on her apron. She had to practice on the recipe her boss gave to her for the Monday presentation. Today was Sunday and she was nowhere near perfect for that dish.

She was actually confident about taking the responsibility for this project. Not that she was an expert cook. She was decent but not to the extent she could be creative with something. But she knew she had a best friend she could count on who actually had skills for making a good cook. That guy happened to be just longing on the couch, playing with her dog instead of helping her.

Now, she had to make at least two kind of desserts. Sadly, desserts never were her forté.

“Are you planning to sit there all day long or what?”

Instead of answering her, Do Hwan busying himself to scratching the Corgi’s ear and let him licked his face, making him laugh in delight.

She squinted her eyes at the two happy figure on her living room. At once, she clucked her tongue twice and her Corgi went straight at the source, leaving Do Hwan bewildered.

“Oh, fancy seeing you there, Han Ye Eun. How’s the cooking thing?” he prompted his arms on the arm rest while smiling innocently.

Ye Eun pulled out the dog’s treat and patted his head before crossing her arms. “Are you going to help me?”

“Only when you ask nicely.”

“Isn’t it enough over the phone yesterday?”

He shook his head, “Not until you stomped on my precious cigar.”

She took a deep breath, clearly annoyed. If only I don’t need his help right now. “Woo Do Hwan, the best friend everyone could wish for, the one who always got my back since high school days up until now. Will you help me?”

Do Hwan looked at her plead at amusement, liking what he saw. “Where is the compliment?”

She took another deep breath, trying not to look annoyed for once even though it was near impossible. “The smartest, handsome, tall, well build...” she nearly gagged, but she continued. “…heartthrob.”

Meanwhile at his place, he had to hold himself not to laugh while looking at her annoyed face. “And the magic word?” he pushed.

Please…” she gritted her teeth, forcing her smile