Noona, Be Prepared - Nam Joo Hyuk

Joo Hyuk pushed the door open with a long sigh

Joo Hyuk pushed the door open with a long sigh. It had been a tiring day at work and now he remembered that he had to help his dad with his motorcycle. It had been their routine every Friday night and he just did not have a heart to cancel it.

"I'm home." Mrs. Nam rushed towards the door, making him startled. "Careful, Mom. Why so hurry?" he cautiously warned her, slightly confused on why she smiled so widely.

"Joo Hyuk, you're home!" Mr. Nam also popped his head from the living room. "Come here. We have a surprise for you."

"What surprise?" he mumbled, looking at his mom who was now dragging him to the living room.

"You'll be surprised." She chuckled, making him even more confused. "Come and say hi."

Once they arrived at the living room, Mr. and Mrs. Nam both cheered towards a certain figure. He raised an eyebrow as he couldn't recognize who it was.

"Guess who came back from Barcelona."

Barcelona? I don't know anyone that far. Even the company's partnership is not that far.

The female turned around and locked eyes with him. Holy---. His eyes widened and his jaw dropped automatically at the sight of her. Although it had been at least ten years since he had last seen her, he could recognize her almost instantly. She had changed a lot, but the one thing that hadn't changed was the way she made his heart react.

Ba-bump. Ba-bump. Ba-bump.

She smiled so beautifully; he almost heard his heartbeat on his own ears.

"Mucho gusto. It's been a while, Joo Hyuk."

There went his sanity and heart over his Junior High first love's angelic voice.

----

"NAM JOO HYUK!"

All attention in the room shifted towards him who just recovered from his own thoughts. They warily glanced at him, avoiding being impacted by the wrath of their boss.

"I'm sorry." He simply lowered his head in shame, none excuse spoken.

The boss who seemed to be in a bad mood today just sighed and quickly moved to another topic. "We will have a team to help us for our project. They came all the way from Barcelona to Korea. Please welcome them."

Joo Hyuk had heard this at home. The reason why she came back to Korea. How funny the fate plays his life was? Go Eun Kyung walked inside the room, along with the others. In his eyes, she shone out the most. She looked so professional in front; he couldn't almost recognize her. She locked eyes with him and gave him a knowing smile, making his face warm.

After a brief introduction, the meeting finally ended. The local team introduced themselves to the foreigner. Being the only Korean people on the foreigner team, Eun Kyung immediately became the center of attention. Joo Hyuk had been the one who was still silent and spoke when it was necessary until she turned her attention at him.