Think, Don't Think - Kim Min Gyu

The sound of sob could be heard around the corner

The sound of sob could be heard around the corner. Curious, I step carefully towards the source. I stop when I see a familiar scene that I encountered a few weeks ago. Another girl, breaking her heart with useless confession at the one and only, Kim Min Gyu.

It seems like he notices my presence as he looks at my direction, ignoring the girl who is sobbing while covering her face. I roll my eyes at him when our eyes meet and not wanting to see another drama, I leave the scene.

I hold the script in my hand tightly as I walk towards the practice room. However, after several steps, I finally notice someone has been following me and that makes me stop.

"I've booked room A and there are no other rooms available. I'm not planning to share it with anyone." I say when I face him.

Min Gyu raises an eyebrow, probably wondering why I know what's on his head and lets a quirk smirk before walking past me towards the room.

"Ya! I told you I'm not sharing with anyone!" I chase after him, but curse his long stride, he already pushes the door open and tosses himself on the nearest sofa.

"It's a big room, don't be so selfish." he says, already laying flat on the soft material.

"I can't practice if you're here."

Min Gyu opens his eyes, smirking. "Too nervous?"

I give him a deadpan expression. "More like annoyed."

"Don't mind me, I'm just going to sleep."

I sigh as I look at him, closing his eyes, already staying still. It's not like I'm not comfortable with him around. Well, it's been years we've known each other since our trainee days. With him making his debut a few years ahead before I did, doesn't make us senior and junior when it's only two of us. Just like everyone in the industry, including us, we always keep minimum to non interaction outside the company or when the cameras are around. Even though we debuted as actors, it's less restricted than debuting as idols. I always keep everything safe for the sake of my career. For God who knows what his fans do if only they know I know his image is not like the one he shows on the camera.

"You shouldn't make a trainee cry like that. She looks like an idol trainee though." I mumble, but audible enough for him to hear. Not expecting any answers, I take a seat and open the script which is already full of my scribbles. For the next hour, I've been pointing, memorizing and half practicing my dialogue before I monologue. This drama is my biggest role for the past 3 years after I debut as a supporting character to the male lead. Playing a character that has unrequited love is a challenge itself for me. I've never been in that kind of situation and looking for references through a few films that I watched is somehow not enough.

I'm in the middle of mumbling a few dialogues when the script has been taken away from my hand all of sudden.

"You're not serious, are you?" I furrow my forehead as I try to snatch my script back. But he dodges my attack, damn him for being so quick. "I don't get what part of 'don't mind me' is if you interrupt my practice like this."