This Storm Shall Too Pass - Lee Do Hyun

I liked him

I liked him.

....

"Which flavor do you want?"

"Eom Se Hee."

"She's spacing out again." He muttered under his breath, shaking his head. "Eom Se Hee, are you going to stand there all day?"

"Eom Se Hee!"

I finally awoke from my daydream and looked over to the ice cream counter. It was glad there was no one queueing behind us.

"Which one?" he asked again.

I blinked at him before I turned my attention towards the choices. I finally picked random flavor since my mind was not in the right state yet. I could see him frowning at my choice but he chose not to ask further. I walked towards the seat first. The seat near the window was always my favorite, though I knew he didn't like it because people can see us from outside. I saw him sighing as he walked towards the seat. I grinned at him as he handed the treat.

"You should reduce your craving for something sweet like this."

I mocked him with my face and continued to eat the sweet treat. "I'm not going to be a health freak like you, Lee Do Hyun-nim."

He pointed at the corner of his lips and I quickly licked mine which made him shake his head again. "You're going to be 30 soon but still act like a kid."

"I'm not going to live like the people in their 30's. This is my life." I chuckled.

Do Hyun muttered something inaudible and finally ate his own treat. He always chose the most boring flavor one, Vanilla. Meanwhile mine, even though I didn't choose properly even in my subconscious I chose at least Bubble Gum Mint.

Just like his choice of flavor, his life was also boring in my point of view. If only I didn't pull him out of his nest -well house, he would stick there for days. His profession as a professional gamer didn't even require him to go outside at all which sometimes, I envied. He made more than I did in a month, but he just sat there, clicking every button on the keyboard and there he goes. Although this kind of thought I couldn't say out loud because I knew very well that he was going to be mad. He always said that playing a game wasn't just to play. There was a lot of stuff to think about and decisions to make. I never get it. However, since I knew he was smartass, I chose to believe him rather than arguing.

I remember the first time I brought him here out to eat ice cream. It looked like he just sees the world and it surrounding. It was still fascinating for him to finally hang out for hours outside. It was still weird how we crossed our path. I worked as a journalist, writer and that time I knew him was when I had to make his profile as the E-Sport winner 2 years ago. My thought when I was assigned to interview him was, ah, a gamer, let's see how isolated his life would be. Partly it was true that he barely left his nest, but he was rather a neat person. I got the chance to see his work place at his house. My thoughts were thrown away once I arrived. His house was decent. It was hard to tell that he lived alone despite how neat his house was, considering that he spends most of his time in one particular room.