This Was The Year (3) - Cha Eun Woo

a/n: Today is April 12, 2024

a/n: Today is April 12, 2024. It was April 14, 2020 when I first posted the first part & Aug 2, 2022 for the second part! Time really does fly so fast!

----

"Su Jin"

"Su Jin-ah"

"What?"

Her co-workers look at each other, confused before frowning at her.

"You've been zoning out again. What is wrong with you lately?"

Now, she is the one who is frowning. Does she really do that often?

"No, I've just been thinking. There's a lot on my mind lately."

"Do you consider taking a break? I think the work has had too much on you since our last exhibition, no?"

"It's been four months since that." she shakes her head. "I'm okay."

"That's why. It has been four months since that and work is nothing but easy for all of us. But still, you need to consider having a little break to refresh your mind at least."

Su Jin shakes her head again, "I'll be too stressed at home if I don't do anything."

"Do something then, like taking a holiday."

"I'm saving up."

"For what?"

Future, she answers in her mind and gives them a subtle smile.

"We don't push you to take a holiday overseas or something expensive. Taking a hike or going to enjoy the sea would be good to relieve some stress."

"I'll consider it. Thank you, Unnie."

They look at her again in concern before sighing, knowing that their advice might be just useless ones that she doesn't take seriously. They are really concerned about her well-being. Ever since the exhibition, they don't see Su Jin the same way as usual. They heard about her being scolded by one of the managers and they think that triggered her to push herself off of the limit in terms of taking on additional projects. More ad-hoc that she takes makes her have to stay extra long hours at the office and often brings the work home. It has both a positive and negative impact on her. She is getting acknowledgement from the managers and stakeholders but at the same time, they always see her in distress and have no time for herself. At first, seeing her eating a simple meal in front of her laptop is a usual sight, but more often she is seen with a similar situation that warns them that something is off with the new behavior.

One of those days, as she notices that she has been drawing unwanted attention from her co-workers of her new habit, she chose to move around inside the office for a workspace. Common rooms, bean bags area, phonebooth, small meeting room, you named it, she has been there.

On the other hand, for the upcoming quarter review she had to get several reviews and feedback from the stakeholders that she had been working with.

Holding onto the paper folds on her hand, she anxiously walks towards the desk. The closer she gets, the more visible the person behind it.