Cherry Blossom - Song Kang

Cha Hyun Ji stops talking to her friends as her phone vibrates on her hand

Cha Hyun Ji stops talking to her friends as her phone vibrates on her hand. Her eyes blinks rapidly, not believing the Instagram notification on her phone screen.

Song Kang is following you now

"What is it?" her friends try to take a look on her phone as she freezes. "Song Kang?"

"Isn't he your ex at High School?"

Hyun Ji shut her phone off and put it inside her pocket. "Where were we?" she tries to avert the topic.

Her friends who seem still curious about the guy finally drops the topic and continue where they were left off. Hyun Ji tries to focus on the company gossip they are talking about. She tries to listen and get immersed.

But that simple notification distracts her the whole day.

-----

"Is it his real account?" she whispers to herself, while laying on her stomach.

After holding her curiosity for the whole day and when she finally alone on her tiny apartment, she checks her phone right away. He has no profile picture and when she scrolls through his feed, there are only few pictures of trees, flowers and river. There is one picture of his shadow that seems he takes it on the high building. Just only that shadow makes her curious.

How is he now?

Is he the same person as she remembers 10 years ago?

"Should I follow him back?" she bit her lower lip, still contemplating to do such a simple thing.

His account doesn't seem so active based on how barely he posts something. The time lapse between each post is long. However, what makes her sure it's his profile is just from mutual friends that he follows. His followers are more than his following. He only follows few and it includes her. This time she checks who he follows. There are all his closest friends in High School and few people that she doesn't even recognize, probably his co-worker or something.

After a while, she decides to press the follow button. Her eyes are looking at the increasing number of his followers.

"It's not an active profile anyway. Don't bother Hyun Ji." She pats her chest, telling her heart not to get overreacted.

----

However, her predictions don't seem so true. Even though his profile doesn't seem to be active but every time she posts stories, his profile always shows up in the people who seen it. She is the type to post everything that she does the whole day. Her desk at the office, friends, nature and even her playlist. Anyone can tell what she likes and not just based on her social media.

It has been a month since he followed her Instagram and neither of them give any interaction other than him seeing her stories. It's just that simple gesture, but Hyun Ji find herself checking who seen her stories. After she sees his name, her lips always shows that simple smile. Her mind starts wondering, curious about what he might think of it and how he will react.