Ignorance - Woo Do Hwan

“Cheon Mi Do, Mi Do, Mi Do, Mi Do-ya!”

I held her breath and closed her eyes to prevent the anger coming out from her systems. Glaring, I turned around slowly to see three of my co workers, even the manager already circled my table.

“Who was that man from yesterday?”

“Why you never tell us about him?”

“I don’t know you already have boyfriend.”

“So, who is this man come from?”

"He's such an eye candy!"

I already saw this coming. Woo Do Hwan, my public figure friend decided to pick me up right in front of the office with almost half of the co workers were there waiting for their rides.

When I recognized his ride, I was about to turn around and pretended not to know him. However, being a quick witted he was, he already waved and called my name so there was no way to back away.

His ride and appearance always brought commotions everywhere he goes and my office was the last place I want him to be.

“He's a friend, we met in college.” I sighed, trying to keep focus on my work.

“You’ve been here for like 3 years. Why we never see him before?” It was my manager's turn to ask. She was being such a nuisance these days, especially digging about her peeps personal life.

“He lived out of town.”

“It doesn’t mean that he can’t visit you anytime, right? It wasn’t like he lived out of country.”

I rolled my eyes, trying so hard not to snap to my own manager. “We’ve been busy on our own career. So, yeah, there’s no time for us to meet until now.”

“Is he still single, then? Can you introduce him to me?” This time it was my fellow co worker.

I was about to answer that with much anger on my voice but it was lucky that my phone ring at the exact time. I excused myself from the circle to take the call. The call wasn’t that long but I pretty much use the time to get away from the noise. The rooftop was empty,  lucky me. I decided to sit on one of the chair and slipped out my heels. My calf and feet was starting to get hurt so I gave them a massage.

My phone rung for the second time and it didn’t take long for me to accept it. The familiar deep voice greeted my ear.

“Mi Do-ya, what time does your work ends today?”

I sighed, knowing where this was going. “Don’t pick me up again.”

I swear I hear him holding his laughter before he cleared his throat. “Why? Did your co workers ask anything?”

“More like assuming.”

“That’s okay, keep it that way.”

I frowned at this. “What do you mean?”