Chapter 1

Where's the best seat to drink alone at a hotel lounge? She's been wonder around her eyes through her cousin's hotel lounge in Manhattan and she finally found a best seat

Where's the best seat to drink alone at a hotel lounge? She's been wandering around her eyes through her cousin's hotel lounge in Manhattan and she finally found a best seat. A bar stool across the bartender. She's wearing a leather jacket and white t-shirt underneath, on the bottom she wears mom jeans and ankle boots. She goes straight to the hotel from JFK airport even though she lives in New York and has a nice two bedroom apartment on a high floor with modern interior and luxurious furniture in Glenwood. Thanks to all her hard work to be Executive Manager of Marketing Service in the top four marketing agencies in New York, Omnicom Group.

"Hello, Ms. Manoban. It's been ages since we saw each other, and I just saw you a month ago on the Forbes Magazine cover." Jackson the bartender greeted Lisa. Jackson and Lisa have been friends since her cousin Ten hired him three years ago as a bartender in his hotel in Manhattan. Lisa often hangs out there alone if she has a problem or she wants to be alone. Jackson's duty is to keep her safe when she's drunk until she gets into her hotel room. Then threaten Jackson if someday he tries to sleep with Lisa when she's drunk and Jackson for three years keeps that promise, that's why Lisa really likes drinking alone here because someone is taking care of her.

"Scotch on the rocks, please." Lisa said to him and he just nodded. Suddenly her phone rings so she picks out her leather jacket and sees who it is, it's Ten.

"What's up?", "Are you safely arrived in New York? My manager said "you're at my hotel." Ten said on the other line. "If I didn't arrive safely , I wouldn't be here, dumbass." Lisa rolled her eyes and she could hear Ten laugh on the other line.

" Whoah, calm down. Bad day in Switzerland? What happened there?" Ten asked her but she didn't want to talk about it at all because it was completely a hell and that's why she needed a drink. "I don't want to talk about it, please I want to drink and you just ruin my mood, goodbye." She hangs up immediately and grabs her glass of scotch that Jackson delivered. She's looking through her email on her phone, she isn't swiping anything, Lisa just looks at one draft on her email. Her resignation letter. After what happened in Switzerland, she's so miserable and feels guilty. She wasn't expecting to be a marketer in the business world. She earned an award of best marketer of the year last month in Monaco presenting Omnicom and she got a chance to be the face of Forbes last month too, specifically writing about her achievements.

But, her career sometimes doesn't fit in her personal life. What it feels like when you realize your ex-lover's dad is a bad person involving money laundering, fraud, and corruption. And, your dad is one of the biggest investors in his company who is affected by it. Mr. Bruschweiler or Lisa's dad is a renowned chef in the world who has several high class restaurants across countries. He invested in one of the biggest food manufacturers Hopkins Food Inc. as a part of cooperation to help distribute ingredients to his restaurant. He dared to do that when he knew Lisa's suitor was his partner's son. But, Lisa has to stop her dad from getting involved in her suitor's dad's scheme to not let his restaurant go bankrupt because he is involved in those kinds of things.