Chapter 36

Lisa is doing her paperwork in his place

Lisa is doing her paperwork in his place. She decided to work from home because she was still scared to face everyone as for now HR and her boss knew she's married. She is scared everyone will start to ask her a bunch of questions that she's uncomfortable with. But suddenly her phone rang. She takes it but she is surprised to see who's calling. Jin oppa? All of a sudden? What happened?

She's scared for a moment but eventually takes it. "Hello?" She has to be sure this is Jin. "Lisa? Hey, this is your Jin oppa. I want to say congratulations for your engagement with Jungkook! He's so lucky to get back together with you again!" Jin said on the other line.

'Huh? How? Oh yes, Jungkook said to her that he'll be lying to Jin because if he knows the truth he'll be freak out and announce it to the family'

"Oh yes, thank you oppa. We're still working things out." Lisa laughs bitterly, she feels guilty to always lie to everyone who doesn't know the real truth, it's killing her to live in a lie like this.

"That's fine! It's part of the process. Anyway, since I live here now, I was thinking next week is Jungkook's birthday, do you have any plans for him?"

"Uhm, what? I think Jungkook only needs a simple birthday party like last year. He really liked his party watching a game on the bar he chose." Lisa talks on her phone with Jin, Jungkook's cousin. He lives in New York too, and he offered Lisa to throw him a birthday party next week.

But Lisa didn't know what to do, if she still had her boyfriend maybe she could be more creative but now there's a line between them so she can only do it with other people because it'd be awkward if she did it alone or truthfully she didn't even think of any kind of surprises. She only remembers next week is his birthday so as a friendly and kind roommate and him being the best person he can be to be her 'fake husband' she just buys a cake for him and celebrates at midnight by blowing a candle. But not Jin. Since Jeon-Kim family members always throw a big party like Jin who prepared a vacation to Aspen, Colorado for a whole family, he wants to throw something big for Jungkook.

Last time, Chanyeol gave him a surprise cake on the bar he picked and made all customers there celebrate him too until it went to a gossip website. But Jungkook was more excited to Lisa's surprise at her apartment with a simple dinner with a Netflix movie. Maybe it's because he has a huge crush on her but he admits making a wish with close friends is all he needs all along.

"How about we're going to the Hamptons? I have a friend who has a big house for a vacation there and he always invited me and my family to get a free stay there but I always got no time for it." Lisa hums and thinking maybe it's a good idea, she could bring their best friends. But, she widened her eyes because she was hoping Jin wouldn't bring their entire family to their vacation surprise for Jungkook.

"But i think it should be just you guys because our family had some kind of feud with Jungkook since he's no longer on good terms with them" Lisa widens her eyes, 'he got distance with Jeon-Kim? What happened?'