Chapter 12

Jungkook stares at his glass of gin and tonic, he's mad and he thinks his life is unfair

Jungkook stares at his glass of gin and tonic, he's mad and he thinks his life is unfair. He tries so hard to get out from his family business but here he is again, being a spotlight to many other businessmen in that party. When he was still in college so many people approached him when his grandpa threw a party. Sometimes people start talking about their beautiful daughter to him and he just shrugged, this time luckily there's Lisa by her side but still he got irritated by another CEO who praised his grandpa and asked why he didn't join his family company.

Grandpa Kim has a kind heart, he admitted but when it comes to his grandsons' needs, he can be selfish, it's always about business. Grandpa Kim always gives his grandsons a couple of files that contain conglomerate daughters' profiles. He must admit most of them are beautiful but it's just not his type. When he was graduating, his grandpa started preparing for his job in Jeon-Kim tech. He fixed Jungkook to a bunch of blind dates and he thought it was really boring.

And there's a show by one of his cousins. It got more stressful because on that reality show, there's always girls connecting to him. Other than the girl's problem, Grandpa Kim decided Jungkook to become CEO in one of Jeon-Kim subsidiaries. Jungkook thinks it's not right, there's so many talented employees that can replace the current CEO of Jeon-Kim, a food manufacturer and marketer.

Although, Jungkook really loves exploring food, that's one of the reasons he got a biotechnology major focusing on food and nutrition. He knew his grandpa wanted him to take over because of his Magna Cum Laude degree when he graduated but still he wanted hard work from the beginning, he loved adventure and challenge.

"What? you're going where?" Grandpa kim upset with Jungkook.

"I'm going to Chicago next week with Jimin. I got an interview from The Kraft Heinz company there. I want to move to another country for a change." Jungkook stated.

"Do you work in another company when you have an opportunity for a higher position in your own company? Are you insane?" This time grandpa Kim yelled at him.

"No, it's your company, grandpa. I told you I want to go somewhere from Korea, you never listen, you only care if I get an opportunity that anyone can get, not the opportunity that I want to get." Jungkook replied and continue,

"I want to open a restaurant or cafe or anything related with my passion for food. If you have a problem with it just try to accept it, i don't need your support, i don't need you to do anything just accept what i want." Jungkook pleaded to his grandpa because he doesn't want to leave while having bad terms with his own family.

"Okay, there you go I lost three grandsons here because they think they have 'plan' for their life, but remember what I said to Chanyeol and Hoseok. You go on your own, i'm not approve of this so you fight with your life, don't come to me when you need something" Grandpa Kim warned him.

"That's fine, i promised too if there's an event or something else related to family i will come back some other time." Jungkook tried to cheer for his grandpa but he didn't buy it. Instead he just nodded while sitting on his chair. Suddenly, Grandpa Kim stands up and hugs him. He lost another grandson again, at least there are still Junmyeon and Seokjin in Seoul who run the company.