Chapter 29

"To honor the 25th Forbes Awards, we're going to end it with the last award in the marketing business world

"To honor the 25th Forbes Awards, we're going to end it with the last award in the marketing business world." The emcee announces as the night gets merrier.

Five months after Jungkook's departure, Lisa had been busy with her work. She finally took on a celebrity project after her work with Yugyeom, she got the confidence to be in the spotlight.

Three months ago, she received a request from Rare Beauty to help their PR team, a week after she got a client from KORA by supermodel Miranda Kerr. She's so busy with beauty stuff and a month ago she got a promotion to be Chief of Public Relation. On her promotion, she had to compete with Mingyu but apparently when she got the job, Mingyu seemed fine with her because he said she deserved it. Lisa felt guilty since it's his grandma's company, but he assured her that he's one of the board members in Omnicom and he voted for her.

"Forbes Best Marketer Award 2023 is. . . Lalisa Manoban!" The emcee loudly announced her name.

She wears Celine shirt dress in triomphé with medium eperon chain belt. She pairs it with calfskin claude boots. Lisa stands up and greets Taehyung, Yoongi, and Mingyu who come with her as a part of representatives from their company. Taehyung also brought his wife, Jennie.

Lisa came up to the stage to receive her second award. Last year she got it and made it to their cover, hopefully after this she still had a chance to be in cover again.

She cleared her throat and felt nervous seeing a sea of audience in their tables looking at her waiting for her speech. She looks at the award again, trying to think fast who's going to be in her speech.

"Uhm, i still can't believe i received this award again, i will never believe for the rest of my life if i receive any awards, like i didn't deserve it since i adore everyone in my industry that is more experienced than me. I would like to thank my dad even though we're separating, he still gives me strength from afar that I can do anything beyond my own imagination. Thank you for my best friend Chaeyoung who's not in here but she always too make me keep going, i would like to thank Jennie unnie, Taehyung, Yoongi, and Mingyu who's working for me for these past six years, you guys always give me an insight to eventually i can stand in here today. And..."

She suddenly stops, she's thinking who will be in her speech again. She wanted to try to remember people who are close with her other than thar, but her mind still keeps on one name. Suddenly she stuttered and roamed around the audience blankly, she couldn't speak, she felt like choking because she really wanted to thank one person for making her this far.

"And that's it thank you" She smiles and shows her awards when everyone claps at her. She's nervous for a bit to restrain herself saying a word she didn't mean.

When she's going back to her table, Jennie jumps out to her for a big hug. "I'm so happy for you!! Second time! Oh my god! You deserve it Lisa!" Jennie's voice gets louder so her husband as usual grabs her shoulders to stop her from jumping out of excitement because everybody already gets back to their seat.