Chapter 28

Choking

Choking. That's what Lisa's feeling right now. She's brave but her heart is still weak. Hurting herself it's her habit, but hurting the man of her life? It's killing her. Lisa slumped on her bed and started crying in her sleep, Lisa hated to say every word earlier like she really meant when the truth is she was acting all along.

There's no Chaeyoung in here, she can't hug someone, but she really wanted to hug a specific person. She wants to hug Jungkook so bad.

Pretending hurts more than being real.

Like she can't be herself. If she wants to be herself, she will tell him about his parents, she will be talking about what happened in Switzerland, how she got trauma seeing her lover got a gunshot and she has to witness his blood running and he just lay there helpless. And how she has to pretend too in front of Mingyu because both of their dads were rivals.

Lisa wanted to open up that big to Jungkook but she can't. It's like she's done living in chaos. She wanted peace by forgetting all the past, but life is cruel.

It's been haunting her since the day she found out about his parents and Grandpa Kim making an ultimatum over her. Lisa cried out loud, she screamed to her lungs and she could only get down to her knees, hold her chest because she can't breathe at all, it was literally choking her.

Ten minutes away from her apartment, Jungkook takes it not too dramatic but his mind is nowhere near him. He sat down on his bed and looked down to black wooden floor in his bedroom. He still doesn't think this all makes sense.

Why all of sudden she made him choose when she told him about what she felt when she's dealing with Jin's request and Yugyeom's favor. But, months ago and literally weeks ago she said she wanted to feel how to have a complete big family. Was that all just because of the honeymoon phase? It's all triggered by how happy an idea of them both living together?

Knock knock

Jimin opens his bedroom door, he senses something wrong with today's plan. He crashed in Yugyeom's place for awhile until midnight but when he's coming back home, Jimin is shocked to see the table still neatly decorated with the plate and cutlery untouch, even the glass still clean and empty. The wine on a countertop still full, the dishes wrap in foil. Jimin sighed and knew it must have failed.

Jimin walked to sit beside Jungkook on his bed looking through the window at the city view. It's endearing and calming. He knows they both aren't fine at all. He knows by looking at Jungkook who's looking down and putting his hands together, like he thinks what's wrong with his life to make his plan go wrong.

Jimin starts to speak. "What did she say?", "I have to choose between her or my cousins." Jimin was somehow confused about his answer. He's shocked as Jungkook too, suddenly this topic can be a problem for them. Never in his lifetime, Jungkook had to choose like this. Often he's the one who chooses but the choices are 'her or grandpa' but 'cousins'? There's a whole new level.