The long con.

2 months earlier

On the morning of attack.

Viola was standing in front of a tombstone staring at the sign that said.
"In memory of Mr. and Mrs. Kim."

She felt someone's presence behind her and so her head tilted slightly. The man called her out, prompting her to stroll briskly until she successfully pulled a corner.

From a distance, she gazed at the male who tried to search for her, but then went back to the same grave.

Her eyes rose in a surprise. She got inside her car and as she saw him leaving. Her car started to follow him.

She stopped, when he parked outside a shabby bungalow.

Meanwhile, Taehyung got out of his car. His steps seemingly rooted at spot. This was his home, a place where he had spent his childhood.

His family, parents, siblings.. everything was much more over-whelming to carry than he thought it would be.

He did not dare to recall any part of this terrible history. The last time, he attended their grave was when he was 15. From what he remembered, he ended up unconscious at the site. Since, then he was advice, more like restricted to come here again.

He had severe PTSD after that. This time, however, he decided to fight it.

The once, ravishing walls, were now merely char-coal.
He pushed the large metal gate and walked inside, scrunching over dead leaves which covered the pavement.

He took the key out of his pocket that he managed to sneak past his uncle's locker.

Chains were rusty, and it took a bit of extra efforts to push open the main door.

Memories of his family rushed along his mind.
The voice of their happy laughs,
his parents asking them to be careful with stairs
and then the three siblings running inside the living room chasing each other.

He closed his eyes firm, letting out a deep exhale, and then stepped inside.

Floors were dusty, and most of windows were covered with spider webs.

In the middle of living room, a half burnt couch sat still, making him reminisce how they used to watch movie every Saturday night with warm pancakes.

Once again, he shut his eyes strolling up the creaky staircase.

His steps entered inside his parent's room and then pausing in front of a bookshelf, which only had half burnt wood remaining. Glass broken and edges shabby.

He glanced past the design of few boxes just below.

A whirlwind of another souvenir passed through him.

"Taehyung, come here, I'll show you a magic trick." his father shouted, and there came running a 7 year old Taehyung.

The old man picked the boy up and settled him on his lap.

"Remember, I read you that book about Narnia, where the children had an enchanting closet?" He asked, receiving a light nod from the kid.

"Put your hand here." His father cupped his palm and placed it on the fourth box.

Taehyung placed his hand on the fourth box just like he did back then.

"Now, push it lightly."

He pushed it inside.

"And see, the box will open up."

The box opened up,
but it wasn't empty.
There was a watch inside it, copper plates with antique design of glowing veins sculpted aside. A gold bezel in the middle.