Worst things in life.

The white streak started to emerge in sky, spiralizing in the surrounding.
The fire had died down, only black ashes remained around.

Jimin squinted his eyes, he brushed his hair through his hand, making his way outside to look for Taehyung. However, he found a yet more intriguing view instead.

Viola was there too, and from the scene it did not seem as if she was helping Taehyung, since she was fast asleep. Her head somewhere between Taehyung's chest and shoulder, as the latter was holding onto her.

Taehyung was awake. 

Jimin pursed his smile into a smirk and then walked closer, to stand across from him.

Taehyung gawked at the sight of his friend. Before he could have warned him off, Jimin spoke.

"And I thought you might be guarding us... but-" he pointed towards the female beside him.

The invasion of new voice prompted Viola to open her eyes, when she witnessed Jimin, her head was quick to gush up, hitting Taehyung's chin in the process.

The latter groaned in pain.

Taehyung looked at Viola, and Viola looked back.

They were quick to pull away, creating a large gap between them.

"We were up all night." Viola defended herself.

"..doing what?" Jimin intrigued. He seemed to be enjoying himself.

The female stood up abruptly, the other two watched as she went inside the hut.

Chapter 23: Worst things in life.

2 years
earlier..

Viola was sitting on her bed. There was fresh blood on her face, signaling the fact that her forehead was hurt badly.

A picture frame in her hand.

A family portrait, the only family portrait she had.

It was taken on Sohyun's 4th birthday.

She caressed the frame as if she could touch them.

Her mouth stretching into a smile, a dry chuckle escaping past it, and then she hugged the frame, close to her chest, as if she can embrace all of them.

The blood was not dripping alone.

Her eyes welled up to the sore realization that it did not feel right.