What love makes you do..

13 years ago...
On the day of fire...

Jungkook sat by the window, staring at the night sky.

Once again, he was alone in the house.

Usually, an 8 year old would be terrified if his parents are out all night. But Jungkook, he was used to this.

Jean had promised him that they would spent the night together, but then all of a sudden she received a call, and went haywire.

Jungkook only saw her collecting her purse.

"Mom!" he called.

She did not listen to him, and stepped down quickly.

"Mom!!" he yelled out.

Jungkook seemed scared somehow. 
This happened once before, his mother left late at night, and when she was back home, she was shot.

Jean now averted her eyes over him. The little one now seemed even more afraid, he saw tears in her eyes.

"I'll be back soon, okay." Jean said.
"Lock the gates, and wait for me." 

Jungkook got out of his musings when he heard the main door unlocking, he thought Jean was home.

He was quick to run downstairs.
There was a bright smile on his face.

However, the grin discarded into a frown.

It was not someone he anticipated, his father, Mr. Bekhum.

"Hello, sir." Jungkook muttered lowly.

"Come with me." his father strutted in lower tone.

Something channeled Jungkook that the older was in bad mood.
Beckhum turned around, walking towards his car which was parked just outside.

"But, mother is not home yet." Jungkook said in a tiny voice, halting Beckhum's step. Even so, he opened the car door and got in.

Jungkook bit his mouth. He watched the engine being ignited, but his steps remained on the door.

He did not like to be with his father, it was not as if he would beat him or scold him, but, Jungkook preferred his mother more than his father. For some reason, he thought his father was a bad person, he had seen his mother cry alot, cursing at his father, late at night. He did not know the whole thing, but maybe that was the reason that his father was not home much.

When Jungkook did not join him, Beckhum stepped out of car. His steps were quick this time, as if he was already mad at something. 

Jungkook did not blink for once. His father grasped a hold of his arm, forcing him towards the car.

When Beckhum opened the car's door, Jungkook resisted, he placed his whole force to snatch his arm away from this man.

"Mother said. to. wait. for her." Jungkook seethed out, continuously trying to free himself.

At last, he bit Beckum's fist, which resulted in freedom, however, it was not for long, since the older slapped him.

This was the first time.

Jungkook fell to the ground. His hands were all dusty now.

"Are you a fool, kid?" Beckhum yelled loudly.

Jungkook, however, clasped a hold of sand and stood up.

His right cheek was all red, side of lips a bit bruised.