Pandora box

"The label enterprises has shut down, bodyguards, security and agents have dropped off of the agency."

The news anchor presented headline. Jimin increased the volume.

"..a strike has been seen across the SF boundary, most of them are families of the contract-based guards who are bound to work there. Petitions are being filled by many insights to let them go. Famous companies like Altech weaponry have retreated there contracts away from SF, prompting a decelerated drop of 65% stakeholders."

Everyone had a satisfied smile on their faces. They averted to look at each other with a look of 'we made it'.

This was the end of that beginning from 13 years ago.

"Get a good sleep tonight, tomorrow is a big day." said Viola.

Chapter 44 : Pandora box

Alac was standing in the kitchen, facing the counter, with a glass in his hand.

"Why are you always in the kitchen?" Mina stepped in.

He averted his face towards her. After the last argument, he anticipated a cold shoulder from her side, but it was all back to normal.

He seemed glad by this realization.

Mina noticed a bottle of bear near the sink, "It ain't cool to drink before the big day." she remarked, standing beside the latter.

"...I know." Alac replied, taking another sip.

He poured her a glass, passing it towards her, knowing well enough that his old friend would be judging him.

"..can't sleep?" she pondered.

"I bet no-one can." he replied.

"Why?"

Alac paused, his gaze pressed on the floor.

"Because all of this seems.. " he looked at her with uncertainty,
"..impossible."

"We have been trying for so long, and-and all we ever got was nothing, and now it is-it is all-" his word started to slur up.

"I mean, I got my brother back, we got the watches, the video, H.O.S.P.I.T.A.L is down, SF is about to .. and -" he paused

Mina had a cheeky look on her face, "..and?" she almost laughed.

Alac stared at her, thinking for a while "...for some reason I am very glad.. that you are here too."

Mina ended up chuckling at that; her eyes dodging away. She did not even try to hide the redness on her face, neither avoided the conversation. It was always obvious, apparent and concrete.