A debt

Preview:

Taehyung found a mysterious watch in his old house where his family died because of an accidental fire, 13 years ago. On the same night, he was attacked by someone. A woman named, Irene rescued him, who later became his secretary. Later, it was revealed that Irene was an agent under the name Viola, she knew his siblings, Jisoo and Alac. She told him that the fire was not an accident, and that his father was an agent of H.O.SP.I.T.A.L, an intelligence company. Viola took him to a place where everyone else was trying to find the mystery of watch. Taehyung was reunited with his family, but the joy was short-lived. One of the members, Jungkook, betrayed them for the sake of his mother's protection. Beckhum, who is Jungkook's father wanted to find Viola and finish her off, but Taehyung and Viola survived with the help of Jimin, Taehyung's friend. Afterwards, Jean helped Viola to find the truth about this watch and H.O.SP.I.T.A.L where the two learnt that their parents were working as assassin under Beckhum, who used them to kill people he wanted. When their parents tried to stop Beckhum, it was too late. Adam was the last person who had evidence against Beckhum, but the evidence got destroyed with Taehyung's father, Nam Seok. This made Viola really upset and she decided to go back to the place where everyone else was hiding in. Beckhum found them and send his men to get her. Everyone successfully made out but, Alac got trapped; as he struggled to get away, a gunshot was heard....

-----

13 years ago...

A burning house was all that could be seen of something which used to be a happy place.

A woman was standing outside, watching the smoke turn into air.

Jean.

Her fist clenched onto one another as she urged herself to breathe and keep on breathing because she needed to protect someone.

Someone she failed to protect.

She ran inside, finding Alac and Jisoo unconscious in the garden. She spared no time, uncared about whether they were alive or not. Rather, her feet strolled inside the house, quicker, faster.

It was her mistake, and she knew it. She was a traitor. This was all caused by her.

A fire extinguisher was tightly held under her grip. She strolled up the stairs, kick opening the door and spraying the white liquid all around the bed sheet.

She saw a hand waving at her by the curtains, and her legs gave up. 

She knelt down to face the man, she had sold in order to save her life.

With cautious step, she pulled him in, and then her hands cupped his mouth, which was filled with charcoal.

A tear trickled down her face. A woman who had always been recognized for being cold, was like a candle placed in front of a sun.

She wanted to run out and call for help, but at the same time, she knew this cannot be helped.

"I'm sorry." she cried, letting her head fall on his face.

Just then, she heard him whisper something,

"My-kids-protect them."

Her eyes welled up to a shade of cherry.

"I will, at any cost." she said.

These were the last words Jean had from the person, whose debt she carried all her life.