Chapter Nine ~ Why can't I remember anything??

Taalia's POV~

I woke up to a beeping sound. I opened my eyes and the bright lights caused me to close them again.

"Taali?" Someone said quietly. I opened my eyes again and turned my head to find Misha standing there with a worried look.

"W-where am I?" I asked, feeling groggy.

"You're at the hospital. You suddenly fainted after your class last night and Aasim had the ambulance bring you here!" Misha explained with tears in her eyes.
"I was so worried! When Aasim called I got so scared! How are you feeling now? Should I call the nurse?" Misha started badgering me with questions and my head started hurting again.

"Misha... where is Ammu?" I asked, feeling slight faint again.

"She went down to the cafeteria. Taalia, are you okay?" She asked. I nodded but then a sharp pain went through my head and I yelped in pain. My vision started blurring again.

I heard Misha calling for a nurse. I felt someone take my hands.

"Taalia, it's okay, you will be okay, try to bear with habibti." It sounded like one of my sisters.

Were they here? When did they come? Were they supposed to be here? Questions kept going through my mind. The pain increased and the feeling of faint became stronger. I felt a pinch in my right arm and everything went black.

• ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ •

I woke up and opened my eyes. I saw my parents, my sisters, Raza, Misha, and a few nurses all surrounding the bed.

"Umm..." I wasn't sure what was going on.

"Habibti, how are you feeling?" Ammu asked.

"I'm fine. What's going on?" I asked confused.

"You fainted again." Misha said.

"Again? When was the first time?" I asked.

"You don't remember?" She asked. I shook my head and sat up.

"You fainted last night and this morning." Raza spoke up.

"Last night?"

"You were at the Masjid and you suddenly fainted. That's what Aasim said." Raza explained.

"Aasim? Huh?" I tried to remember the events of last night but my mind was blank. I didn't have the slightest idea of what happened last night.

"This is one of the symptoms. If these continue and the test results are what we predict them to be, then she will have to go under special treatment." One of the nurses said to my parents. Baba nodded and Ammu's face looked sad.

"What? What are you talking about?" I asked. The nurse lead my parents and Laibah out of the room.

"Raza, what was she talking about?" I asked him. He shook his head and left the room as well. It must have been pretty bad if no one would tell me what it was.

"Nadirah, please tell me." I begged her. She shook her head as well.

"No habibti, you can't know yet. Even if you could know, we would want you to wait until the doctor comes." She explained. I sighed and leaned back on the pillow.

"Can you at least tell me when I can leave?" I asked.

"We don't know yet." Sahra said.

Just then, there was a knock at the door and Yasmin went to go see who it was. After a few moments, Yasmin turned to me.

"Taalia, put on your scarf." Misha handed me a scarf and I quickly wrapped in around my head. Yasmin opened the door fully and a man came in wearing those big white doctor coats. He came to the side to my bed and smiled. It was my doctor, Dr. Isaac.

"Hello Taalia. How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Fine I guess." I replied.

"Does your body hurt anywhere?" He asked.

"No." I said.

"Okay, do you remember what you did last night? If you went anywhere, what did you eat, who did you talk to, stuff like that."

"Uh..." I thought for a while but I just couldn't remember anything from last night. "No, not really."

"Hm I see..." He started scribbling stuff down on his notepad and I sat here uncomfortably. I wasn't sure why I didn't remember anything. I usually remember almost everything but this time, not one single thing came to my mind from the moment I woke up in this hospital just ten minutes ago. It scared me.

"Okay, Taalia, I'm going to have you do an x-ray, just to be on the safe side." He explained. I nodded. He left after giving specific instructions to the nurses and a few moments after he left, the nurses dragged the hospital bed out the room and to the x-ray room. After getting the x-ray done, the nurses did a few small tests on me and soon I was free to go home.

• ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ •

Aasim's POV~

I was so worried about Taalia. When I saw her faint last night, I almost had a heart attack! After I had called her family and gotten an ambulance to take her to the hospital, the paramedics made me go with her. In the ambulance, they had asked if she got hurt or ate something weird but all I could say was no. I wasn't even sure what was wrong with her, I was just with her for four hours teaching kids about our religion! But after we had arrived at the hospital, the doctor's first guess was that she may have had a concussion. After her parents had shown up at the hospital and told me to go home, I spent most of the night praying that Taalia would be okay.

My phone started ringing and on the screen I saw Raza's name.

"Salaam Raza." I greeted.

"Wa Alaikum Asalam, bro. Thanks again for taking Taalia to the hospital." He said.

"No problem. How is she now?" I asked.

"Alhamdulillah, she woke up a couple of hours ago and came home just a bit before. Right now she's sleeping." Raza explained.

"Alhamdulillah."

"So, anyways, Laibah wants you to join us for dinner tomorrow." He said.

"Really?" I asked, surprised. I had forgotten that their four sisters were coming home for the weekend.

"Yeah, Misha and Saqib are coming too. They want to discuss their engagement and all that ish." He explained.

"Wait, so it's official?!" I asked.

"Yep!"

"MashaAllah, our boy's getting hitched!" I exclaimed. Raza laughed.

"Alright, my sisters are calling me. Gosh, man, you're so lucky you have brothers." Raza groaned. I chuckled.

"Nah man feel blessed that you have them in your life."

"Yeah yeah, aight, I'll see you later bro."

"In Sha Allah, Asalamu Alaikum."

"Wa Alaikum Asalam." I hung up and tossed my phone onto my bed. It had been a while since I've been to Raza and Taalia's house.

• ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ •

AN: SALAAM!! Thank you for giving up your precious time and reading my story! ;) Tell me in the comments about what you think about everything and anything that's happened so far that you like! If you likey, don't forget to vote! ^_^ JazakAllah! ♡♡♡